• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good game stores in Portland, OR?

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I hear about this move from Cardboard Jesus. Congratulations!

Origins coming up on July 4th. Once again charged the gestapo to be "blessed" with those days off. Going up with my friends from FL since nobody around here wants to go anymore.

Everyone is having kids....multiples.

Staying in the better hotel this time...better get two beds. And sourballs.

KIT - BFF - ALL THAT STUFF

DS

bodhi

First Post
Yalius said:
Powell's is more than a bookstore. It's a life-changing experience.
You gotta love a bookstore with printed maps at the kiosks. They've even got a PDF available.

Anyone who has a chance should also visit Powell's Tech, which is a couple blocks down from the main Burnside store.

Jubilee

First Post
bodhi said:
The Hobbytown moved to 82nd Avenue, just south of SE Johnson Creek. It's the building that used to house a CompUSA store (last I passed by, the CompUSA sign was still up).

Oops! Now that you mention it, I had seen the Hobbytown sign in that area a month ago, but didn't realize it'd moved from the Promenade.. As you can probably tell, Clackamas is not really in my "area" ;) I don't get out there much.

I'll also throw in my vote for Powell's. I've noticed, however, that as they've grown their online presence, alot of used stuff is in their "Quimby Warehouse" - so browsing the stacks downtown is no longer quite what it was for me. However, if you call them, you can order things off their online store for pickup at any of their portland stores. =)

/ali

Tewligan

First Post
Well, I made it out to Guardian Games today. They do have a LOT of old 1e AD&D stuff! I picked up several ooold issues of Dragon, along with the module The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun. They seem to be a little confused in their pricing, though - more than a few modules and back issues were priced at FAR more than I've seen anywhere else, whereas other, equally collectible/old pieces were quite reasonably priced. For example, when I saw a couple of nice copies of Deities and Demigods for $35 each, I was quite excited at the prospect of having found the elusive Cthulhu/Elric copy. But no - just them trying to sell the regular D&DG at more than 3 times what I can pick it up for elsewhere. Hm. It also doesn't look like they stock any minis, other than of the WotC lines. Nonetheless, I'll probably visit there again - damn, they have a boatload of old stuff!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads