D&D General Good *generic* pre-printed color battle mats?

Richards

Legend
I'll echo the recommendations for the Paizo maps. They actually have two lines: the Paizo Flip-Mats, which are two-sided poster maps with artwork and grids (some of them detailing pretty specific locales, but others more generic like what you're looking for: Hill Country, Woodlands, Deep Forest, Winter Forest, Falls and Rapids, and so on), and the Paizo Map Packs, which are one-sided 5" by 8" cards that can be lined up (often in multiple ways) to form larger maps. The city ones are handy to create different city areas with the various cards moved around in different setups, but they have all sorts of different types of terrain in their Map Packs line as well.

Johnathan

J-H

Hero
I got the Battle Grid Mat set linked here:
It may be a bit too generic, lacking trees and such... but it works.

aco175

Legend
Don't own it, but I've flipped through a friend's copy and the maps were pretty good: The Dungeon Books of Battle Mats (Two book set. 12x12

I think there's another competing company putting out a similar book of battle maps product too, but I can't recall their name.
I received this for Christmas and think that several will come in handy. I like that the maps can be joined together in various ways. One of the things that I do not like is that some of the textures on a few of the maps make it hard to use with figures, the grid is not always obvious and some of the scenery will be muted with the floor.

I have a lot of these maps from long ago and it look like you can still find some. These and the Dungeon Tiles in the box sets. I always said that The King's Road in the most dangerous place in the realms.

1609429507862.png

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I received this for Christmas and think that several will come in handy. I like that the maps can be joined together in various ways. One of the things that I do not like is that some of the textures on a few of the maps make it hard to use with figures, the grid is not always obvious and some of the scenery will be muted with the floor.

I have a lot of these maps from long ago and it look like you can still find some. These and the Dungeon Tiles in the box sets. I always said that The King's Road in the most dangerous place in the realms.

View attachment 130744
This is is very close to the map I mentioned above and use it the most.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Okay! I just ordered a bunch of Paizo flipmats - I hope they work out - they look like what I wanted. I do have to say though, that Paizo's virtual store sucks and their shipping is strangely slow.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I have a very similar set (though mine does not have the beach! I wish it did). But did not mean quite that generic.

I know, I know. . .picky, picky. 🤷‍♂️
Hahaha fair enough. I like these because they’re made to be drawn on, and come with side clips that are about the length of a side, to weigh down the map during use, so storage in a map case doesn’t interfere with usage.

And I like using a map and then adding stand up parts to make a building or room or ruin or whatever.

Remove ads