Good non hardcover books

Feeroper

Explorer
Hey everyone,

A local FLGS is having a big sale in the next few days and I was thinking of picking a few of the non hardcover books up - as in the player companion, campaign setting, and module books (or any softcover book type I may have forgotten).

I presently only have the hardback PF books, so I'm open to any suggestions - what are the best of the softcover books and why?

I really like Golarion so that's not an issue for me. I'm also interested in DM and player focused material.

Thanks!

Crothian

First Post
It really depends what you want out of Pathfinder. The books are mostly all pretty good but very specific. I'd look at what type of campaign the group is going to do or is doing and then pick up books that can be useful for that.

Steel_Wind

Legend
If I could choose only two? Easy choices:

Inner Sea Magic and Adventurer's Armory.

If this was next month, I'd drop the AA in favour of Blood of Fiends.

Either way, Inner Sea Magic is a must have.

Last edited:

Derfmancher

First Post
On a related note, where is the best place (or site) to buy the pathfinder hardcovers in terms of price. I would be willing to wait a while for them so premium shipping is not a factor in the cost. Where have you found them at a good price?

tylermalan

First Post
I've never found Pathfinder hardcovers anywhere cheaper than Amazon.

As for City of Strangers, I'm running The Godsmouth Heresy right now, which is set in Kaer Maga, and it makes a lot of references to City of Strangers such that I wish I had it!

Steel_Wind

Legend
Yeah Inner Sea Magic is certainly on my to-buy list. What about Blood of Fiends is so appealing to you?

It has not been released yet and I am not permitted to discuss its specific contents until it is.

My review of Blood of Fiends will come out on the front page here on ENWorld when the book is released. Suffice it to say that I am a huge fan of the book.

qstor

Adventurer
Personally I have nearly all of the softback books and I'm disappointed with Inner Sea Magic. I'd skip it. I like Gods & Magic and the Heart of the Jungle.
City of Strangers is great but its focus is narrow. Its just one city. If you're running a campaign in a certain area of Golarion I'd get the book associated with the country if there is one. Like the Taldor book.

Mike

Remove ads