Good on WOTC for diversity!

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I must admit I thought 'and husband' was a typo so I ran it as wife. I feel kinda bad about that now.

I must admit, its been a VERY long time since Ive run a homebrew and It would of never occurred to me that there would be a gay couple in the scenario. I want to congratulate you Alan on doing that but letting us pick up on it rather than crafting a post underlining it.

Acceptance to me of the rights involved in same gender relationships and sexuality in generaly is something to me that will only come about in gaming as things like this happen. I dont like the flashy like things of look 'HEY WOW, THERE IS A HUSBAND/HUSBAND NPCS IN THIS SCENARIO!'. I just like it to be put in there, get the gm to register it and it simply become another 2 npcs in the game.

This is an interesting topic with some interesting points that have been made

warfteiner

First Post
OH!

I cannot take credit for that particular instance - I was merely chiming in on the inclusion and related thoughts. DDEX3-6 was written by Ash Law and that decision was most certainly made by the designer; I can say for certain that it was not in the original outline, but we're pretty pleased with it :)

Our designers work crazy-hard and I'm really proud of their work.

Byakugan

First Post
While writing DDEX3-13: Writhing in the Dark, I had a chance to try to move to gender-neutral pronouns for one of the characters. It was *far* harder than I thought it was going to be, and to be honest... racial history for that character aside, I'm not sure that I would've felt motivated to do so without the blurb in the PHB and the actions of my fellow global admin team.

That said, I fully admit that the way that I got to write about the character in that specific adventure is going to influence an upcoming project that I'm working on. I'm SUPER stoked that players are embracing those decisions, and I think that it's doing very good things overall for our industry and hobby.

Thanks folks. Seriously. :)

This is super awesome to hear. The thing that stands out to me is that it does not appear to be contrived. Like, nobody is asking for graphic depictions. That the information is presented as something that just...is, I guess, is what makes me happy.

People who game with a teenager that got the tentacle rod have already probably heard enough hentai references for a lifetime.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
it was determined that bugbear sexuality is rough (kind of like a Klingons)
One of the Star Trek novels has Kirk's nephew with a young-adult female Klingon running from assassins. At one point he tries to seduce her using the Kirk family charm. She asks him, "What ARE you doing?" Later it comes out that Klingon mating requires the scent of blood in the air; young Kirk replies that he was taught that a man does not lay ungentle hands on a lady. She suddenly 'gets it' that he was trying to treat her with respect and dignity by his own lights.

Remove ads