D&D 5E Goodman Games is Reincarnating Castle Amber

OAR 5.jpg

The new installment in the Original Adventures Reincarnated line has been announced and it is X2 - Castle Amber.

They fled from the far-flung land of Averoigne: the Amber family, a bloodline of wizards and warriors persecuted for their dark sorcery and occult crimes. In their new world, they built a lavish manor for themselves, the fabulous Castle Amber. For a time, the Ambers flourished, their magical and military might having little equal. Then, however, jealousy and murder struck the heart of the family and the Curse of Stephen Amber descended upon the castle like a fell and heavy hand. Now, the Ambers dwell beyond space and time, imprisoned with their monstrously transformed servants and suffering under the family’s dead patriarch’s death-sent doom.

It is into this mad manor that the party awakens, plucked from their homeworld and imprisoned in the heart of Castle Amber. To escape, the heroes must negotiate a path through the insane Amber family home, overcoming the clan’s machinations, dangerous servants, cunning traps, and bizarre phenomena. Only by finding a way to break the Curse of Stephen Amber will the party be able to return home. Failure means a lifetime of imprisonment in Castle Amber, a place where lifetimes can be very short indeed…

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffB

Legend
Doesn't GG also expand on the content of the original adventure? I get that is probably not what your looking for from your description, just wanted to verify that was correct. Actually, I know it is correct, I just don't know how much the add.

In B1, B2, and B4, they are ripe for 5E expansion as all three modules had built in areas and ideas the DM was encouraged to expand upon originally. Of course "The Isle" is big so plenty of room for expansion. With Chateau it's less straightforward. I'm guessing we will see an expanded version of Averoigne, and less so for the Castle proper. Just my guess though.

Sacrosanct

Legend
In B1, B2, and B4, they are ripe for 5E expansion as all three modules had built in areas and ideas the DM was encouraged to expand upon originally. Of course "The Isle" is big so plenty of room for expansion. With Chateau it's less straightforward. I'm guessing we will see an expanded version of Averoigne, and less so for the Castle proper. Just my guess though.

That was my thought. It appears they love to put out huge books from a 30 page module, so the only way to really do that is to expand on Averoigne. It is just asking for it though, so it works.

atanakar

Hero
I think I may have played this module in the 80s but barely recall any of the details. I'll have to check if I have it in storage.

JeffB

Legend
That was my thought. It appears they love to put out huge books from a 30 page module, so the only way to really do that is to expand on Averoigne. It is just asking for it though, so it works.

That was my thought :) . I would also guess page count will be less than usual as they don't have multiple different print runs and no massive amount of handouts/player art (though there are some)

EDIT I'm a moron. No spoilers here to see.

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
I WAS gonna ask why Castle Amber seems to have such hardcore love, as I just got into DND just recently. But after reading the product description on Goodman Games, I think I'll wait to experience this adventure myself.

JeffB

Legend
I WAS gonna ask why Castle Amber seems to have such hardcore love, as I just got into DND just recently. But after reading the product description on Goodman Games, I think I'll wait to experience this adventure myself.

Yeah don't spoil it. It's worth the wait (y)

EDIT- Of course there is a conversion product on the DMs guild and the original is available in PDF and print so your DM can have at it, right away Castle Amber on DTRPG

JeffB

Legend
I have zero exposure to this adventure, so I'm excited to finally check it out (same goes for The Lost City). The past GG remasters were all adventures I was familiar with prior, so it's nice to have some coming out that will be all-new to me.

I put some of my post into spoiler tags, as you were the second person along with @Weiley31 to say you were not familiar with X2 . Sorry if I ruined anything for either of you :(

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases