D&D 5E Goodman Games What's coming down the Pike for 5e.

teitan

Legend
This would probably make them more mad to be honest... they'd think "You didn't even give me a chance to think of what to do!" and feel they need to start over because their initiative order changed (which does matter a lot).

I actually do love the "timer" as I set it for one minute, and just its presence makes people decide on what to do way faster. No one ever actually runs out of time and has their turn skipped.
Better option... OE/BX/BECMI/AD&D1E/AD&D2E/DCC. FINI!

I kid, but I don't recall a lot of analysis paralysis in these games or even in 5e, even at higher levels. There was some for some reason, usually based on narrative elements as opposed to picking options off the character sheet except with the spellcasters and even that was a lot more cut & dried than 3.x-4e stories that I've seen/heard.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Better option... OE/BX/BECMI/AD&D1E/AD&D2E/DCC. FINI!

I kid, but I don't recall a lot of analysis paralysis in these games or even in 5e, even at higher levels. There was some for some reason, usually based on narrative elements as opposed to picking options off the character sheet except with the spellcasters and even that was a lot more cut & dried than 3.x-4e stories that I've seen/heard.

Oh I agree, it's pretty rare. The only times it really happens is if someone has completely tuned out for whatever reason, and didn't plan their turn before it actually showed up. By now I've taught my players to plan out their turns during other people's turns (or mine), so it's pretty rare now.

Still, when it does happen I advocate for the timer.

Remove ads