• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Got your Numenera yet?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The PDFs have gone out the the Kickstarter backers! Downloading mine as I type this. Anyone else got theirs? Thoughts? First impressions?

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
I got mine this morning. At first I was taken aback by the fact that the text wasn't fully justified, but then I looked at Ptolus, and it's that way there, too, so it must be a stylistic choice Monte likes. It's not a big deal, just not what I was expected (I'm SO used to it now). I do like that the format is similar to Ptolus, as I found that book to be one of the easiest to read & use RPG book I have ever seen. I really like that he's stuck with using a mostly white background on the pages. So many companies choose to put the text on top of some graphic that make it really hard to read, particularly on a computer screen.

As for the game itself...I haven't got that far yet. I'm sure my group will be playing it at some point since I know at least one of us (besides me) bought it.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Do you realize that Numenera was set to ship in July, and holy crap, he actually did it?! (Well, August 1, but that's pretty close.) Amazing.

JediSoth

Do you realize that Numenera was set to ship in July, and holy crap, he actually did it?! (Well, August 1, but that's pretty close.) Amazing.

Knowing what I do about Monte, I didn't feel that Kickstarter was that big of a risk, from a reward fulfillment standpoint.

Dioltach

Legend
I got my email notification about half an hour ago. I'll probably download it this evening. I'm quite curious to see how it's turned out. I'm tempted to leave it until my hardcopy arrives, though.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It finally downloaded. First (30-second) impressions: very pretty. Lots of rectangles. Character sheet is very stylised and arty. Clean layout. A LOT to read (which will probably wait for the hardcover, because I don't think I'm gonna read 400 pages on my PC screen).

JediSoth

I think Ptolus was the last RPG book I read cover-to-cover on my PC screen. I can no longer do that, but I can certainly use it as a reference (and do!).

Remove ads