Pathfinder 2E Gothic Western (a Weird West setting)

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Decided to put an artifact inside a steamer trunk sized treasure chest that fell off the boat in a bay, and was thought to be safe, but now must be recovered for the gathering of artifacts to send to Antactica. Decided to do an underwater scene - looks good, I think.

undersea treasure chest.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
A couple new and interesting artifacts that fit the setting...

First artifact is my version of the infamous Annabell doll, but calling mine Maggie Lee doll, a cursed, perhaps haunted, perhaps a deliberately designed vessel that invites and hosts passing spirits - ghosts, demons and what not as 'souls' to inhabit this child's doll and animates for diabolical purposes. Originally created by an Egyptian pharoah for his princess daughter. It was later reformed by a master dollmaker to be appealing to a more modern audience, though within it's outer 'shell' the core Egyptian doll is inside this modern effigy.

The second one is a recently built Spirit Camera that seems to capture the invisible spirits of the dead, angels, demonic spirits, even aberrant beings that only exist invisibly. It was designed, but not built by Thomas Edison who had interests in capturing spirit sounds with his phonograph, and ideas that cameras could capture their images. Elizabeth Woodhull, a famed politician for women and the president of the American Spiritualist Association, had a French scientist and spiritualist build the device. Apparently the creator used the Eye of Anubis (said to be able to see into the Underworld, through the lens), a gemstone found at the site of the Library of Alexandria by Napaleon and later donated and kept by Cathar priests in the Pyrenees between France and Spain, until acquired by the camera builder. (I can see a module or one-shot built around this)

creepy doll.jpg

spirit camera.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Another creepy ilustration to include in Gothic Western, this one is deep inside a silver mine, so deep that things that should be, come up for air and a quick snack...

mine-bridge.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Tentative cover design and art for Unclean Brand, the 1st level module written for Gothic Western, just needing mapped and illustrated, the page layout for release, following the completion of the setting guide, as an intended inclusion with the setting. Though I'll stick a cover and credits page, right at the start of the module, even inside the existing setting guide... I may change up the title logo to something other than 'white' but it stands out best for now. Again, unless I come up with a better cover illustration - I spent two days getting this the way I wanted. I think the unclean bull came up well. A compatibility logo would go on bottom left, but I may need to download an updated logo, I don't know yet. Enjoy!

unclean-brand-cover.jpg

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
A more interesting filler illustration... the Badlands Oglala winter camp along the White River (South Dakota). A scene serving a cold morning on the Great Plains. I wanted to put something outside other than the teepees, and saw an image last evening that showed winter teepees and that narrow framed sledges in the background, easily pulled by horse to travois their supplies and teepee accouterments for travel.

teepee-scene.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
After creating a small Western US town, I decided to create an Old Mexico border town with all adobe structures, and started creating it one building at a time. After creating a full Mexican Catholic church, I decided that it might be worthy to either include the total in the setting guide book or as a standalone supplement featuring this one town of a few thousand people, with history, stated NPCs, agendas, and closeups of many of the structures in town. Ultimately, once all the buildings are created and I layout it out as a complete town, I will re-render the closeups with other buildings adjacent in view, rather than each building alone, as I'm doing it in development. It might make for an interesting product addition.

Top image: a cantina with a carriage house and stables in courtyard.
2nd image: an upscale, but modest town home for a successful merchant or cantina owner.
3rd image: Guardia Rural was Mexican mounted law enforcement in the 19th century, this has a stable and jail with 3 cells.
4th image: Potter's shop and hovel.
5th image: a Catholic church.

Right now, I'm rendering the oldest structure in town a Spanish Mission established 150 years ago, upgraded with a 3rd floor and building expansion, decommissioned 50 years ago, with the building of the church, so it is now a nunnery, academy for children and an infirmary on one location. I'll post that tonight or tomorrow.

I'll also be creating a hacienda for a local Don, a few additional homes from hovels to 2 story structures in enclosures, more shops, a market area and more.

adobe01.jpg
adobe-town-home.jpg
guardia-rural.jpg
adobe-potter.jpg
adobe-iglesias.jpg

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
The second largest structure in the Old Mexico town, and the oldest is the Old Spanish mission established 150 years previously, improved with expansions twice in that time, eventually gaining it's third story. The success of this mission is spreading the word and teaching among the indigenous Apache helped established the town in the first place. It was closed, once the parish was established and the church built. A year after it's closure, it was reopened as a nunnery (on the third floor), with an academy of learning for all ages (on the second), offices, cafeteria and infirmary on the first floor. The outbuildings had supported farming, grain milling and blacksmithy. Today, one is a work shop, another storage and a guard shack. The other two are used as isolation wards for the contageous, non-contageous but requires isolation and rest, and the mentally infirm are kept in the two larger outbuildings closest to the main chapel. (It serves a historic purpose and is large enough that I don't have to build three facilities, I can fit them all in one!)

adobe-mission-nunnery.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Created the only finished illustration of the set, the train station. Included a grain silo to take in local produce to ship south, a water tower. Since I have railroad, that means I needed telegraph service as well, so created the poles and cables. I figure a warehouse are two sits adjacent to a small telegraph office, and that comprises the industrial side of town along the rail line.

I also just created a Grande Hotel, and an identical and mirrored Dinner Theater. I figure both of these sit as is, facing the market square, that I'm setting up for the church and old mission at the center of town.

I plan to create each of these major locations, provide a corresponding map of the interior and surrounding area, then stat NPCs that operate and work at each location, and some agendas as appropriate for each. I'm still deciding whether to include this in the setting guide or make this a stand-alone supplement to support Gothic Western setting...

adobe-train-station.jpg
hotel & dinner theater.jpg
old-mexico-downtown.jpg

Remove ads