• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grab your torches and pitchforks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for a witch hunt!

You know things are messed up when the head of the House committee that covers science doesn’t really understand it. Or, worse even, chooses to bury it and persecute scientists. Such is the case of Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX), the chairman of the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, who suspects of fraud a group of scientists that explained in a new paper that the global warming hiatus isn’t actually thing. Seems like the world is warming at the same rate as in the 20th century – fast. That didn’t bode well with an obviously biased conservative Republican, so Smith subpoenaed the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to gain access to the private documents and emails of scientists involved in the study.
I guess if you don't like the results of a scientific study you don't agree with, the best thing to do is intimidate the scientist conducting such a study.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Next stop: those scientists that have research that proves the Earth is round and those whose say gravity prevents us from flying by flapping our arms.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I truly hope that the media exaggerates the anti-science movement in the US, because the alternative is horrifying. From this side of the pond, the general view is that you guys are all governed by witches.

I truly hope that the media exaggerates the anti-science movement in the US,
Ha! Don't we all wish that wa strue. At last, no, it is not an exaggeration. The anti-science movement is probably worse than you think. It's not just science, either. It's education in general.
because the alternative is horrifying. From this side of the pond, the general view is that you guys are all governed by witches.
We are. There is a great witch Coven that meets in Washington D.C. We call it the House of Representatives. With their magic powers, they will turn the majority of the population into minimum wage workers who will be glad they can barely afford the cheapest of products they make.

I truly hope that the media exaggerates the anti-science movement in the US, because the alternative is horrifying. From this side of the pond, the general view is that you guys are all governed by witches.
Well I've heard of looking into this report by congress, but I've also heard some call for the investigation of people at disagree with the mainstream MMCC theory.
Scientist Demands Federal Investigation of Climate Change Skeptics

Now this could just be a misunderstand of how and why numbers are adjusted, changes in how measurements are made can affect the result and things like the heat island affect can bias your numbers even if the methods do not change.
Global warming data FAKED by government to fit climate change fictions

And of course the allegation of politics interfering with government studies on MMCC isn't even new. Which suggest that both parties believe (or fake believing) that NASA and the NOAA are subject to corrupting their data.
IGs Probe Allegations On Global Warming Data

Last edited:

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Someone ask if the anti-science movement is that bad in the US, someone links the Natural News website trying to make a point. Which one, that is the question.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't really know what all the acronyms in the preceding posts mean, so they've largely been rendered unintelligible. Probably because of the NOADC and the YGFTY and the NTYIABCKTYN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads