Grading the Mörk Borg System

How Do You Feel About the Mörk Borg System?

• I love it.

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • It's pretty good.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • It's alright I guess.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • It's pretty bad.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I've never played it.

Votes: 45 58.4%
  • I've never even heard of it.

Votes: 3 3.9%

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
You are missing the "Incomplete" from your poll.

That is the grade I'd give Mork Borg as a game...
Well, it's a game that has been around for years, has a half-dozen spinoff games, and has won multiple awards... that all sounds pretty "complete" to me.

But I'm just one person, and I've never played it...so I'm hardly one to defend it. Why do you say it's incomplete? What do you think it's lacking?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
This is the least-played system so far: only about a third of voters (38%) have actually played it. For comparison, more voters have played Cypher (64%), Modiphius (54%), or even SAGA (40%). Mörk Borg is also the newest game system so far--only about 3 years old--so I guess that is to be expected.

Even so, Mörk Borg has the most positive reactions so far...75% of voters either like it or love it. Before this survey came along, the D6 System, the Basic System, and the Savage Worlds System were all tied for 1st place at 70% positive.

On the other end of the spectrum, 10% of voters either dislike or hate it...the same percentage that the Hero System has. The D6 System still wins in this category (only 2% negative reactions), followed by the Basic System (3%). The system with the most negative reactions is Pallidium, with 72% negatives...ouch.

Retreater

Legend
It's a pretty good system.
My main complaints are that while it's graphically interesting, it's hard to read to my bad vision. Also, I like the theme, but I have a hard time suggesting it to my young teen players because of the imagery.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
It's a pretty good system.
My main complaints are that while it's graphically interesting, it's hard to read to my bad vision. Also, I like the theme, but I have a hard time suggesting it to my young teen players because of the imagery.
Would the art-free PDF be OK with your kids, do you think, or is the end of the world nihilism the issue for them?

Remove ads