• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grade the Forged in the Dark System

How do you feel about the Forged in the Dark System?

• I love it.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • It's pretty good.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • It's alright I guess.

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • It's pretty bad.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I've never played it.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • I've never even heard of it.

Votes: 5 4.9%

Out of curiosity, which FITD spin are you referring to here? That's a really interesting mechanic.
Wicked Ones, which has since kinda gone into the public domain (author quit the hobby, gave ownership to a collaborator who put it all up on Google Drive for free). Which is too bad, since it had some great ideas. I'm planning on using that mechanic in other games in the future, including non-FitD ones (if they have dedicated downtime mechanics).

zakael19

Adventurer
Wicked Ones, which has since kinda gone into the public domain (author quit the hobby, gave ownership to a collaborator who put it all up on Google Drive for free). Which is too bad, since it had some great ideas. I'm planning on using that mechanic in other games in the future, including non-FitD ones (if they have dedicated downtime mechanics).
Oh right! Ok, I didn’t recognize the username from elsewhere :p.

Looking for Wicked Ones to download, but my Google-Fu is not enough at this hour. Any tips?

This is the Google Drive link that Cass Rea—who, again, to be completely clear, is the collaborator the original author gave the rights over to, and who posted the files because they're no longer on DriveThru or itch—shared:

ETA: I think my sequencing was wrong—apparently the author put the core game in public domain before throwing in the towel, but gave ownership of the Undead Awakening supplement to Rea (but Rea is the one who made the original game available via GDrive).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads