Greater Wolfwere NPC with Class levels. How do I work out a 'fair' CR?

daTim

First Post
dont greater wolfweres regenerate all their HP every round? Thats how I remember them from 2e at least. Seems like they should be higher than a CR 7 unless they drasticly changed them in some new book.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
daTim said:
dont greater wolfweres regenerate all their HP every round? Thats how I remember them from 2e at least. Seems like they should be higher than a CR 7 unless they drasticly changed them in some new book.
Just DR 10/silver and a boat load of hit points. I've always felt that lycanthropes should have regneration though.

Heathen72

Explorer
Wolfwere. not werewolf

Aust Diamondew said:
Just DR 10/silver and a boat load of hit points. I've always felt that lycanthropes should have regneration though.

Actually he's a Greater Wolfwere, which aren't lycanthropes, apparently. It has DR 15 versus Cold steel and have a regeneration of 10, which I guess is 10 hitpoints a round. Not quite all your hitpoints back at the end of the round, but still pretty chunky.

Thanks for the advice guys, particularly yours, Nac_Mac_Feegle, about the buffs.
I think I'll make him a 14th level sorceror. (Perhaps 15th)

That will equal a CR of 17, Which I derived thusly -
CR 7 for being a Greater Wolfwere,
CR3 for the first 7 levels or Sorceror (rounding down from 3.5)
7 for another 7 levels of sorceror.

In deference to Shin Okada I will do a little testing. I might also look at how he will come up as a bard, with a few spells from other lists thrown in...

Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

Remove ads