• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greater Wolfwere NPC with Class levels. How do I work out a 'fair' CR?

daTim

First Post
dont greater wolfweres regenerate all their HP every round? Thats how I remember them from 2e at least. Seems like they should be higher than a CR 7 unless they drasticly changed them in some new book.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
daTim said:
dont greater wolfweres regenerate all their HP every round? Thats how I remember them from 2e at least. Seems like they should be higher than a CR 7 unless they drasticly changed them in some new book.
Just DR 10/silver and a boat load of hit points. I've always felt that lycanthropes should have regneration though.

Heathen72

Explorer
Wolfwere. not werewolf

Aust Diamondew said:
Just DR 10/silver and a boat load of hit points. I've always felt that lycanthropes should have regneration though.

Actually he's a Greater Wolfwere, which aren't lycanthropes, apparently. It has DR 15 versus Cold steel and have a regeneration of 10, which I guess is 10 hitpoints a round. Not quite all your hitpoints back at the end of the round, but still pretty chunky.

Thanks for the advice guys, particularly yours, Nac_Mac_Feegle, about the buffs.
I think I'll make him a 14th level sorceror. (Perhaps 15th)

That will equal a CR of 17, Which I derived thusly -
CR 7 for being a Greater Wolfwere,
CR3 for the first 7 levels or Sorceror (rounding down from 3.5)
7 for another 7 levels of sorceror.

In deference to Shin Okada I will do a little testing. I might also look at how he will come up as a bard, with a few spells from other lists thrown in...

Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

Remove ads