Greatest Fantasy Warriors?

Muso

Explorer
In my list of fictional characters I would place Conan, several Tolkien's characters (Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Eomer, Turin, Fingolfin, etc), some from Dragonlance (Caramon, Sturm, Laurana, Kitiara and Huma), a lot of characters from A Song of Ice and Fire (Jon Snow, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, etc. there are so many), some from movies (Mad Martigan, Etienne Navarre, Mad Max maybe, Riddick). A special mention in my heart to Princess Mononoke and future boy Conan but also Goemon.
I would not include Obi Wan or Anakin/Vader because they use "magic".

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This is a good point. But I can do better.

Sandor.
Clegane.
Obviously, he's from a wildly different setting than Westeros, but it'd be interesting to see someone like Westley running around there. They'd definitely approving of his (glossed over) killing everyone aboard ships he takes as the Dread Pirate Roberts and he'd probably survive court in King's Landing pretty well.

Also, this is a heck of a nice build, even if it goes places I wouldn't have expected:

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
By warrior I mean a character who is primarily seen as a user of weapons who fights physically, not a wizard who fights with magic, though some magic might be part of their makeup -- so for example I'd put the Witcher into the Warrior category, but not Gandalf (though Gandalf does fight a lot with a sword, and you could probably argue he uses less magic than the Witcher).

I count them as ones who fight primarily with weapon lightsabers. So even though Ben Kenobi is known as a crazy old wizard hermit, he is a knight at his core who cuts peoples arms off physically.

Ryujin

Legend
I count them as ones who fight primarily with weapon lightsabers. So even though Ben Kenobi is known as a crazy old wizard hermit, he is a knight at his core who cuts peoples arms off physically.
Time for a Greatest Gish list? Jedi are pretty much PF1e Magi (plural of Magus?), or maybe Sword Mages in D&D terms.

In my list of fictional characters I would place Conan, several Tolkien's characters (Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Eomer, Turin, Fingolfin, etc), some from Dragonlance (Caramon, Sturm, Laurana, Kitiara and Huma), a lot of characters from A Song of Ice and Fire (Jon Snow, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, etc. there are so many), some from movies (Mad Martigan, Etienne Navarre, Mad Max maybe, Riddick). A special mention in my heart to Princess Mononoke and future boy Conan but also Goemon.
Can't believe I had to go this far down before Madmartigan.

Remove ads