• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Green Dragon

Moon-Lancer

First Post
someone photo shopped the horn off and reposted it. Not sure of its current location, but without the horn its a really solid looking dragon

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
Firebeetle said:
He has a horn in front of his mouth! As he would try to eat anything, he would spear it first! Any thoughts here?

I'm not hot on the horn around his head either. It would seem to make his head "clunky" and unable to chase prey down small holes. Since he can't eat, I guess that doesn't matter.

Have you ever seen how animals eat? That horn is not a problem in any way. Of course if he is not eating from the bowl standing near the wall, like a domesticated dog ;)

med stud

First Post
When I saw that picture, I didn't mind the horn. What I was happy about was the arms of the fighter! Here we have a male fighter with normal arms! I'm sure he has muscles under the armour, but the muscles of an athlete instead of the belgian blue- muscles of far too many fantasy illustrations.

On the subject of the dragon: It's not that bad, IMO. He can pick up a dead adventurer with his claws and eat them, even with that horn. I can't see the esthetics in a horn like that, though.

med stud said:
. I can't see the esthetics in a horn like that, though.
Well, but then, you're not a female Green Dragon. The horn of a Green Dragon is a sign of sexual prowess and physical fitness. A malnourished Green Dragon, unable to provide himself (let alone his mate) with food, can only grow a small, crude horn.

Hunts on Green Dragons were common among the Troll Tribes of the Hornswamps, as their Horn was a prized aphrodisiac among then and also a valuable trade good with the Elves of the Southern Coast. But their aggressive hunting caused the Green Dragon to go extinct in their region, basically destroying one of their major industries. Dragon Hunters without prey, the Trolls quickly turned their aggression against their neighbors, changing the peaceful coexistence with the Elves into a brutal War, that destroyed many cities before the Elven Warrior-King Xanolius took charge of the battle. The war culminated in the Battle of the Hornswamps, where the Troll leadership was crushed and the remaining troops disbanded. These days, the remaining Tribes of the Hornswamps still remember the glorious day of the Dragonhunters, but ultimately just represent a dying culture.

Pistonrager

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Well, but then, you're not a female Green Dragon. The horn of a Green Dragon is a sign of sexual prowess and physical fitness. A malnourished Green Dragon, unable to provide himself (let alone his mate) with food, can only grow a small, crude horn.

Hunts on Green Dragons were common among the Troll Tribes of the Hornswamps, as their Horn was a prized aphrodisiac among then and also a valuable trade good with the Elves of the Southern Coast. But their aggressive hunting caused the Green Dragon to go extinct in their region, basically destroying one of their major industries. Dragon Hunters without prey, the Trolls quickly turned their aggression against their neighbors, changing the peaceful coexistence with the Elves into a brutal War, that destroyed many cities before the Elven Warrior-King Xanolius took charge of the battle. The war culminated in the Battle of the Hornswamps, where the Troll leadership was crushed and the remaining troops disbanded. These days, the remaining Tribes of the Hornswamps still remember the glorious day of the Dragonhunters, but ultimately just represent a dying culture.

Just another example of how, making peni hard starts wars.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Mustrum_Ridcully said:

That's just what they WANT you to think.

The horn that all green dragons sport is actually the result of one particular ancient specimen having angered the Trickster god, who made sure that from that time forward green dragons would be ridiculed for being the dorkiest looking dragons in creation.

I mean, seriously, look at that horn. There is really no other explanation than a cosmic joke.

Wolfspider said:

The horn that all green dragons sport is actually the result of one particular ancient specimen having angered the Trickster god, who made sure that from that time forward green dragons would be ridiculed for being the dorkiest looking dragons in creation.

I mean, seriously, look at that horn. There is really no other explanation than a cosmic joke.
Oh, yeah, and then there is that "theory"...

No respectable wizard would use that story. Bards might spread this tale, but you know how it is with bardic "lore" - exaggerated, imprecise and only aimed to entertain the masses... Just because they don't make up their stories from thin air doesn't mean they should be trusted.

hong

WotC's bitch
Wolfspider said:

In 10 years time, it will look as fine and pretty as David C Sutherland III's originals.

jimmifett

Banned
Banned
I also have the starter set. The green dragon is just...lame. Even my 3 yr old daughter who loves playing "dragons" with my minis thinks it is an "uh-tarded" dragon =_=

I really should learn to play the actual minis game... one day...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads