[Green Ronin] Deck of Many Things

Nikchick

Explorer
The Deck of Many Things

deck_of_many_things_pre1_106.jpg

Ah, the Deck of Many Things. Never has one magic item been responsible for such celebration on the one hand and such wailing and gnashing of teeth on the other. It might be the greatest thing that ever happens to your character or the thing that kills him when even ancient red dragons could not. Either way, daring to take on the deck is always fun. It's like looking Fate straight in the eye and saying, "Bring it on."

Read more of the Deck of Many Things article and see more photographs of the product now at GreenRonin.com

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Sweet!

I have been waiting for something like this ever since the awesome Dragon magazine issue with the card stock Deck many years ago. My brother promptly lost the cards, lucky me. I'm so gonna get this.

Oh, any samples of artwork?

Nikchick

Explorer
Yep, if you click the link in the article there are photos of the deck, the display box, and some of the cards arrayed for you to see.

Our most excellent webmaster may have plans for an additional (more typical) art preview that shows off the card art as well but for now we have photos. :)

Treebore

First Post
One of the coolest magic prizes of all time, now with some really kickin art. Yeah, I'll definitely have to get one, or three.

Psion

Adventurer
I have almost no desire ever to use a Deck of Many Things in my game again. And yet, I feel strangely compelled to buy these. Almost as compelled as my dolt players were to just draw 4 more cards...

The art looks sweet!

Treebore

First Post
I've had incredible luck with this deck. I have drawn 4 cards every time I have been in a game that these appeared, which has been 4 times so far (in 20 years). So out of sixteen draws I have only gotten one of the bad cards, twice. That was "enmity with.... bad guy". Every time I have gotten the wish card and at least two wishes. Twice I got the "void situation".

Its probably a good thing if I don't ever draw again. I'll probably pull the donjon first, every time, from now on. I will draw, though. I just can't resist.

Pramas

Explorer
Frukathka said:
A normal Deck of Many Things has 22 cards, this one has 24. What are the extra two cards and how do they function when drawn?

The Deck has the standard 22 plus 2 cards of text and the OGL.

Remove ads