Green Ronin Gen Con Round-up

Nikchick

Explorer
In the interest of keeping all of Green Ronin's plans for Gen Con Indy in one place, I thought I'd add this Round-up thread to summarize all of our Gen Con-related announcements this week. We invite EN Worlders to stop by and introduce yourselves this year; we're easy to find at booth 639, directly behind Wizards of the Coast.

First, we're happy to announce that Thieves' World co-creator Lynn Abbey is coming to the GenCon Game Fair to support the release of Green Ronin's new Thieves' World RPG line. Lynn will be appearing daily at Green Ronin's booth to talk to fans, sign copies of the Thieves' World Player's Manual, and celebrate the return of Sanctuary to gaming. Lynn will also be taking part in the Thieves' World seminar on Saturday night.

In other great Thieves' World news we've confirmed with the printer that we will have a limited number of advance copies of Murder at the Vulgar Unicorn, a Thieves' World adventure by Owen K.C. Stephens, on sale at the convention. This is the perfect way to kick off your new Thieves' World campaign, so grab one up before they are all gone!

Moving on to Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition news, Green Ronin Publishing is happy to announce we've managed to secure 300 advance copies of the brand new second edition of Mutants & Masterminds and will have them available for sale at the GenCon Game Fair. These books are being air freighted in from the printer just for GenCon.

Green Ronin is also celebrating Freeport's 5-Year Anniversary at GenCon Indy 2005. It seems like only yesterday that Death in Freeport introduced the City of Adventure to the crowds at GenCon 2000, back before D&D fans had any idea what "d20 System" referred to. It is only appropriate then that the Freeport Trilogy: 5-Year Anniversary Edition debut at GenCon next week. This book brings back the original Freeport adventures—Death, Terror, and Madness in Freeport—and updates them to the 3.5 rules and expands them with additional material and new artwork. All of these adventures have been out of print for years, so this a great opportunity to see where the d20 explosion began. Come celebrate 5 years of Freeport with Green Ronin at GenCon!

Last, but not least, we are happy to announce the GenCon Print Edition of our True20 Adventure Roleplaying rules, available only at the GenCon Game Fair in a limited softcover edition. True20 is currently available only as a PDF from RPGNow. This is an updated version of the PDF release and includes rules for adding Backgrounds to your True20 heroes. Buyers of the original True20 PDF on RPGNow will receive an updated PDF including all this material for free! This printing is a limited convention-only product; the final print edition of True20, which will include the winners of the True20 Setting Search, will be released in early 2006.

Look for Robert J. Schwalb and Steve Kenson at the Advanced D20 Seminar on Thursday, joined by Green Ronin President Chris Pramas for the What's Up with Green Ronin seminar on Friday, and for Rob and Chris to be joined by Lynn Abbey for our Thieves' World seminar from 6-8pm on Saturday.

See you next week!

Nicole

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
See you there Nicole!

An amazing line-up, I'll be there to pester Lynn Abbey as well as Barrier Peaks / Gary Astleford / Ocelot a bit, since I am generally off-duty for the whole convention.

:)

Frostmane

First Post
Darn, wish I could go! So when will the rest of us eager, but less fortunate fanboys <and gals> be able to pick up TW Player's Manual at the local shop? :)

Pramas

Explorer
Frostmane said:
Darn, wish I could go! So when will the rest of us eager, but less fortunate fanboys <and gals> be able to pick up TW Player's Manual at the local shop? :)

It'll be in stores the week of the 22nd, so very soon indeed.

Fiery James

First Post
Please note: The Fiery Dragon booth will be closed on Thursday morning until after I've picked up all the stuff I want from Green Ronin!

Wow -- I think I want everything you just listed!!!

Going to be a great show for you guys!!!

See you soon,

James

Pramas

Explorer
Fiery James said:
Please note: The Fiery Dragon booth will be closed on Thursday morning until after I've picked up all the stuff I want from Green Ronin!

Wow -- I think I want everything you just listed!!!

We aim to please, sir. :)

Remove ads