D&D 4E Green Ronin's Pramas blogs on 4e or not 4e

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
You know what I'd like to see Green Ronin do? I'd like to see them drop the True20 licensing fee and limit on the number of True20 products you can produce in a year with that licensing fee, as well as drop the approval requirement. I'd like to see a True20 license that works similar to the M&M (Mutants & Masterminds) Superlink one.

I bet we'd see a lot more True20 products, and a lot more publishers willing to bother with True20.

And this would be a great year for Green Ronin to do that, what with the delay we'll be seeing in third party 4e products.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Mistwell said:
My preference would be for WOTC to offer a ton of cash to GR, buy the whole company and fold it into WOTC, then hire Chris and others at his company to work on D&D. :lol:

That would be the definition of SUCKAGE. I think the reason GR is as good of a company as it is, is because they're not part of some big corporation. I think that Chris Premas is a pretty damn good mix of businessman and gamer.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Wolfspider said:
Ack! What did Green Ronin ever do to you? Kick your puppy? :p

What part of "ton of cash" implies a negative view of GR?

Pretty sure 10 X Yearly Revenue in cash up front, plus $150K/yr salary with benefits, would be a good thing for Mr. Pramas.

Demogorgon

First Post
I think you should do it Chris!

I believe 4e will be successful enough for GR to score some considerable sales as an early provider of compatible game material. The edition will never be more popular (and less "flooded" ) than when first released.

An initial entry may perhaps be successful enough to help GR fund their "next big thing" unrelated to 4e. M&M and True 20 current editions may be on the downturn in terms of their profit life cycle...

I loved GR's d20 material and, based on volume of books purchased at any rate, my favorite 3rd party publisher.

Let's move on and start a thread exploring what type of 4E products GR should produce!

Wolfspider

Explorer
Mistwell said:
What part of "ton of cash" implies a negative view of GR?

Pretty sure 10 X Yearly Revenue in cash up front, plus $150K/yr salary with benefits, would be a good thing for Mr. Pramas.

Yeah. That would be pretty good compensation for when they fire him and his crew after 4e has been released and they no longer need so many worker bees.

In spite of not making the buckets of cash that he would undoubtedly make at WotC :p , I think that Mr. Pramas is better off being as independent as possible.

Last edited:

smetzger

Explorer
If I decide to go to 4e I hope GR also does.

This $5000 sneak peak and the moratorium on people publishing for a certain amount of time if they don't pay is going to hurt the 4e launch.

If any of you remember when 3e first came out there was a whole bunch of fan created material, heck I was part of it. There was a great need for adventures, converted monsters, and electronic playing aids. The fan base stepped in and created a lot of material. Many of the amateurs that made material ended up going pro. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this kind of opportunity will exist with 4e.
Now with 4e it looks like the only place you will find stuff initially is on Gleemax. I don't think Gleemax will have the openness that Eric's site had.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Mistwell said:
My preference would be for WOTC to offer a ton of cash to GR, buy the whole company and fold it into WOTC, then hire Chris and others at his company to work on D&D. :lol:

If only you fully understood the irony in that.

No, I'd be much happier if GR were to remain its own entity, well outside of corporate control.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Dire Bare said:
And how many of those companies products do you see in mainstream stores, like your local B&N? White Wolf and . . . White Wolf. Even in some FLGS stores I only see WotC and White Wolf products . . . .

That's right. You don't see companies that support D&D (via 3.5) in those stores so what do they stand to gain? It's not some automatic "Hey, we'll distribut your books and give you and official logo" or anything right?

Gundark

Explorer
Well for what's it worth I hope that GR does go 4e. Since I can't stand 3e anymore and hopefuly 4e looks to fix those issues. Granted we'll have to see the rules obviously

Remove ads