D&D 4E Green Ronin's Pramas blogs on 4e or not 4e

Greg K

Legend
Mistwell said:
My preference would be for WOTC to offer a ton of cash to GR, buy the whole company and fold it into WOTC, then hire Chris and others at his company to work on D&D. :lol:

I wish GR had the capital to buy DND from Hasbro and then used True20 (including the Companion) as the underlying mechanics for a new editon.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Sitara said:
anyone know how much wotc bought it from tsr?

For far less than it was worth.

They bought TSR. Including all debts and other nightmares.

An unemecumbered (save for Electronic game rights) D&D is considerably more valuable.

Scribble

First Post
Greg K said:
I wish GR had the capital to buy DND from Hasbro and then used True20 (including the Companion) as the underlying mechanics for a new editon.

That would really annoy me... Game systems that only use one type of die, no matter how well crafted, invariably always end up boring me. I just wanna use all those nifty dice...

Pramas-

I am a fan of Green Ronin's products. In fact, at GenCon, I went to the GR booth first and walked away with everything introduced to the crowd. And I do believe I chatted with you a bit about Wild Cards (which is one of the reasons that I am glad that I am going to GenCon this year).

Honestly I play more GR stuff than I do D&D so if you didn't pay the $5k I wouldn't think badly about it. In fact I agree with you that I wouldn't part with that amount of money if I didn't know what I was paying for. It makes no sense.

Remove ads