• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greenwood on FR npcs

CarlZog

Explorer
I've been listening to the podcasts from GenCon today, and just listened to this interview with Ed Greenwood.

I'm no FR expert by a LONG stretch, but I know that there have long been complaints about all the high-powered NPCs. It was nice to hear their creator saying essentially, "get 'em out of there."

Carl

Last edited:

werk

First Post
CarlZog said:
It was nice to hear their creator saying essentially, "get 'em out of there."

Carl

I love the forgotten realms, and it is still my choice setting (with planescape overlapping). I have never, since the grey box came out, had players come into contact with any of the high powered NPCs. Glad to see Ed sees things like I do.

Theron

Explorer
Good interview. The one with Monte Cook was a bit more superficial and "tell me about your product," but that's understandable given the circumstances.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
CarlZog said:
I'm no FR expert by a LONG stretch, but I know that there have long been complaints about all the high-powered NPCs. It was nice to hear their creator saying essentially, "get 'em out of there."

Carl

Haven't they been saying this since, like, 1987?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Darth K'Trava said:
QFT

And it gets tiring to go over to the wotc boards and see all the threads about offing the simbul..... :\

Hey they can kill all the NPCs they want. I still want to know why a dragon like Inferno is a CR 40 and yet the most powerful demon princes are a measely CR 22. :p

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Why wouldn't Ed say that? The only people that complain about FR's high-level NPCs are the ones that can't keep them out of their games for some reason!!! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads