Greyhawk characters in Epic Level Handbook?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Why do I have a sneaking suspicion we will see the Iconic Characters in the Epic Level Handbook before we will see Mordenkainen, et. al. in there?

I believe that they will DEFINITELY re-stat Elminster and Szass Tamm, and maybe Alustriel and the Symbul as well.

Whoever they do, I just hope that the stats are rules-legit, so as to highlight the special stuff found in the Epic Handbook rules. I would rather have a correct example, rather than care whose name is at the top of the page.

Frostmarrow

First Post
Yup, I think the book will be full of epic-level greyhawkers. 20 levels really isn't that much anymore ;)

One character that might be plenty interesting is the arrogant wizard Malhavoc! (Perhaps this is Monte Cook's character, I don't know.) In the DMG he is attributed to have created the artefact Shadowstaff. Which in a weird way indicates that Malhavoc visited Oerth at least once. Don't you think?

Malhavoc is quoted in Monte Cook's Book of Eldritch Might. I have no idea what this means, but I'm intrigued to say the least. Sure, there might be several wizards by the name of Malhavoc but I don't think so.

Aaron2

Explorer
FR characters in Epic Book

I wouldn't be suprised if no FR characters ended up in the Epic Level book. That way Wizards can sell yet another book to all the Realmsians.

Aaron

Cyronax

Explorer
Malhavoc

Frostmarrow said:
Yup, I think the book will be full of epic-level greyhawkers. 20 levels really isn't that much anymore ;)

One character that might be plenty interesting is the arrogant wizard Malhavoc! (Perhaps this is Monte Cook's character, I don't know.) In the DMG he is attributed to have created the artefact Shadowstaff. Which in a weird way indicates that Malhavoc visited Oerth at least once. Don't you think?

Malhavoc is quoted in Monte Cook's Book of Eldritch Might. I have no idea what this means, but I'm intrigued to say the least. Sure, there might be several wizards by the name of Malhavoc but I don't think so.

I don't think his being mentioned in the DMG indicates his presence in GH. He could definetely be added there though.

I think he was included more as a cool name that the "average" gamer would take and run with. For folks like us, who frequent message boards and are "industry watchers," I think Malhavoc was included as a sort of Author's privelege. Monte included many add-ons in the DMG that aren't specifically sited as being in Oerth (in accordance with previous products or the GH fan consensus). The prime example of this being gunpowder, which was fervently outlawed/rule 0'ed out of Oerth (i believe) in the GH spelljammer product GreySpace.

C.I.D.

Remove ads