Greyhawk: Iuz and the Horned Society Friend or Foe?

Cyronax

Explorer
I was just lucky enough to run across the old 1980 Greyhawk Folio at my local gaming store. I have a lot of the newer books, but never got the first edition campaign books. I read in the book that the Horned Society and Iuz were considered to be on amenable terms. This didn't jive with what I'd always read about the CE realm of Iuz and the LE Horned Society as being basically intracactable enemies. Sort like the "Blood War on Oerth" motif that seemed to run so heavily in more recent GH products (CE Iuz vs. the devils from the Great Kingdom).

Anyway, I remember reading somewhere that Gary Gygax had written a few PreWars Flanaess articles in Dragon detailing full scale war between Iuz and the Horned Society. I'm thinking of running a PBem GH campaign set back in 576 CY. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the gist of some of Gygax's old articles. If the info's in any of the Gord books, could someone please give me a little synopsis of what I'm looking for? I don't have the money or time to go tracking down too many old modules or Gord books.

Thanks, in advance
C.I.D.

Attachments

• B1-Into-The-Borderlands.png
    B1-Into-The-Borderlands.png
    400.7 KB · Views: 4,234

Re: Great!

Hi Cryonax! :)

Cyronax said:
That's exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot!

C.I.D.

Glad to be of help! :)

Incidently, Gary mentioned a week or so ago (on the old boards) that the Gord the Rogue novels may be republished, perhaps in Graphic Novel Format in the near future!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I consider Iuz a friend, but I'm a rat bastard DM (like LordNightshade and quite a few others here). :cool:

qstor

Adventurer
All the articles are on the Dragon CD ROM. Its worth the price.

Grodog has a list on them on his website. I dont know if he's signed up yet for the new boards. Search Grodogs Greyhawk on Google for the URL.

Mike

ScottyG

First Post
In an old personal letter from Gygax, he mentioned that in his home Greyhawk game campaign, he had plans for a Greyhawk war of his own. Iuz and the HS were to be allies, and with help from the fisters, were to launch an offensive against the kingdoms to the south.
Scott

Cyronax

Explorer
best demon

Iuz is a great demon, but for some reason I always like Fraz'Urlu. I really dug the idea of a demonic prince being trapped in a bas relief on some dungeon wall. Its got such cool gaming possibilities.

C.I.D.

Remove ads