D&D General Greyhawk map by Deven Rue

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
It is pretty nice but I prefer Anna's maps: 598CY Maps - Anna B. Meyer

1669084690558.png

Hussar

Legend
Well, like anything, the different maps serve different purposes. The Anna Meyer map is fantastic if you want to know exactly what the terrain is at a particular location. The Deven Rue map is much better for gaining overview information.

It's all about what your needs are.

I'm frankly shocked that no one has done an Anna Meyer style map for the Sword coast though.

Well, like anything, the different maps serve different purposes. The Anna Meyer map is fantastic if you want to know exactly what the terrain is at a particular location. The Deven Rue map is much better for gaining overview information.

It's all about what your needs are.

I'm frankly shocked that no one has done an Anna Meyer style map for the Sword coast though.
I've hoped for years that she would do a map of Toril, or at least the well-documented Faerun/Kara Tur/Zakhara continent.

I miss Greyhawk. If my memory doesn't fail, I think the last sourcebook I bought of 2nd Ed was the Scarlet Brotherhood, and it had got a lot of background. The pictures were black&white but there was a lot of text if we compare with the last edition. And I bought a lot of books of 3.5 Ed, whose main setting was Greyhawk.

How to explain it with the right words? It is as if you want a picnic in the park for the weekend and FR is full of people, but in GR you can enjoy more freedom and privacy.

I can understand any players don't like the evolution of the metaplot of FR but at least this has got one, while the others are totally frozen.

Shiroiken

Legend
DARLENE for life!

The Deven Rue map looks cool, but I wonder why Iuz is listed as a wasteland. I mean, it's a land of death and evil, but the terrain is normal. Also curious about the label convention, since the Theocracy of the Pale isn't really a major power, or at least no more than the Duchy of Tehn or Bandit Kingdoms of the same area.

GuyBoy

Hero
I miss Greyhawk. If my memory doesn't fail, I think the last sourcebook I bought of 2nd Ed was the Scarlet Brotherhood, and it had got a lot of background. The pictures were black&white but there was a lot of text if we compare with the last edition. And I bought a lot of books of 3.5 Ed, whose main setting was Greyhawk.

How to explain it with the right words? It is as if you want a picnic in the park for the weekend and FR is full of people, but in GR you can enjoy more freedom and privacy.

I can understand any players don't like the evolution of the metaplot of FR but at least this has got one, while the others are totally frozen.
I like your analogy:
FR is the city park. There are paved walkways, an ice cream van, toilet facilities, lots of people and “don’t walk on the grass” signs. Plenty of benches to sit on to drink your cappuccino.
Greyhawk is the wilder bit of a national park. You sit on a fallen log to drink your flask of coffee, follow trails (albeit marked but unpaved) and there’s wildlife to see.

GH for me, every time.

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
I like the map. Has a feel to it like the map table in GOT where they put the candles under it and it lit up. Hard for me to read the words some though with the font chosen.

1669135717103.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases