D&D 5E Greyhawk on horizon?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
"a new legacy map release coming soon" could mean....almost anything.

Hint for the future is "biggest, most ambitious project," but that could likewise be almost anything.

I mean, I'd be stoked for Greyhawk, but this seems more like an ink blot than a hint to me. :p

Mercule

Adventurer
"a new legacy map release coming soon" could mean....almost anything.

Hint for the future is "biggest, most ambitious project," but that could likewise be almost anything.

I mean, I'd be stoked for Greyhawk, but this seems more like an ink blot than a hint to me. :p
Agreed. I'd buy a 5E/evergreen Greyhawk setting book in a heartbeat. I can't imagine that it's the first thing at the top of the tissue paper that lists the non-FR projects, though.

justinj3x3

Banned
Banned
I'm not sure the Greyhawk reference is for anything other than the Expedition maps.... or is it? I don't get what one would have to do with the other. As much as I'd love a new full color Greyhawk Gazateer.

AriochQ

Adventurer
I am of two minds. I love Greyhawk BUT my current campaign is set in Greyhawk and if they release new canon, it will probably step all over what I have laid down in my campaign!

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
The cynic in me thinks it's only a rehash of Expedition to Greyhawk castle and nothing else. But a bunny can hope, lets hope it is a Gazeteer

Talmek

Explorer
I thoroughly enjoyed Greyhawk but I won't get my hopes up that this is nothing more than an adventure rather than a full-on campaign setting or adventure path. (Unhopeful) speculation leads me to believe that there won't be much in the way of campaign settings from WotC; rather, they will continue to put out adventure paths and let the players define the worlds that said adventures are carried out within. This would be disappointing for me as I loved using the campaign settings as inspiration for all types of work for my group (and I learned a whole lot in the process of reading them about each world as well).

Remove ads