Greyhawk - Return of the Slavelords! Part 1

djrdjmsqrd

First Post
Defrel, Male Human, Thief

"So, you must be Lorien," Defrel sneers, "Greetings, I am Defrel de Lost, thank you for your information..."

Gods damn it...this is going to be odd...

"What shall we do next?"

Someone

Adventurer
Norbac, half orc cleric.

wysiwyg said:
Lorien informs them of what he discovered.

When he hears that, Norbac lets out a stream of words that normally one do not imagine being associated with clerics. When ends venting, he continues speaking: "Filthy gnolls, I´m sure, and other scum of that style. We can do nothing now" says. "I thought they not so much far away. We can´t reach them today, but if we press on maybe we could tomorrow."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

Someone said:
Norbac lets out a stream of words that normally one do not imagine being associated with clerics.

"Norbac, I lack you flair for words, but indeed we must act with all haste to bring this foul raiders to justice."

Karl Green

First Post
Refleev can give no real extra insight... the raiders have attack other homesteads the last few month, maybe 3 others in total and made off with a number of the adults and children. The guard has never been able to catch up with them before then make it to the border and have run into patrols from Urnst (or at least patrols from the noble that controls the area north and east of the Abbor-Ablz mountains) who threaten war if they cross. The Dame has protested this to the courts of the Duchy of Urnst but they say there is nothing they can do about it.

The group moves out then again, riding into the night, tired but determined. By daybreak the group is leading their tired horses out onto a wide open plain valley that leads to the foothills of the northern mountains far ahead. The trail leads straight out onto this rocky plain. Most of the vegetation here is brush and yellow grasses, and large borders were deposited there long ago.

A dust cloud can be seen on the other side of the valley. Straining their eyes, it could very well be the wagon… 25 or 30 miles ahead. Lorien is sure that the group has cut the lead the raiders down another couple of hours. But they are not far from disputed lands between Urnst and the Domain of Greyhawk. Whoever they are they must be killing their animals to drive so hard…

[occ](everyone but Lorien who is continuing will need to make another Fort check to continue…)[/occ]

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Geenaa - Female Barbarian

"It looks like we are cathcing up to them after all." the young barbarian excitedly exclaims, pointing at the dust cloud. "Let's ride on!"
This young woman seems almost eager to catch their "prey". Wether she is eager to rescue the captives or if it is the upcoming battle that keeps her spirit up is unknown.

OOC: Fortitude check 14

Someone

Adventurer
Norbac looks tired (rolled a measly 13) but he mends that casting Lesser Restoration. "I hate to say this" says "But we won´t able to catch them today." Despite this, he´s decided to continue walking until he drops.

Last edited:

djrdjmsqrd

First Post
Defrel, Male Human, Thief

[ooc: at work...]

Defrel turns to his comrades, 'Well, now, looks like we are finally gaining on them, eh?" The hunt begins anew...

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]No problem, I will make your Fort for you,todal of a 15. Refleev makes both of his. Norbac does indeed look very tired but his spell is able to restore him enough to not suffer the affects. The horses can continue but they are starting to show the affects of the long ride...[/occ]

The group continues on, walking their tired horses often but making good time across the wide valley plain. By midday they make it into the foothills of the northern Abbor-Ablz. On and on the party follows the tracks of the raiders. The two foresters both can tell the raiders have not paused, have not slowed in the fast run towards the border… their stamina must be amazing or boosted by some unholy force…

The shadows of the day grow long as the sun slowly slips toward night, and still the trail leads on, deeper into the rough hills and low mountains. Most vegetation is stunted and spars here, and few living things are seen or heard as the pursuit continues…

As sunset approaches Refleev says "Curses, we have come to the border… there be one of the 'centurion stone' marks that were set here in ages past… I… if we continue, we must use caution and attempt to avoid any patrols that we might encounter… if they find… me, it could be trouble for the Dame, and I want that not…"

[occ]Again everyone needs a Fortitude check, Philo gains a +2 because of the natural 20 from the last roll[/b]

On the party rides, their exhausted yet faithful horses prodding forward, on into the lonely hills. The trail leads into a narrow and deep dried riverbed that wines back and worth through the hills. Night is rapidly approaching, the sky turning red at sunset…

[occ]Everyone please make and record the results of a Listen OR a Spot roll (your choice but only one)[/occ]

Remove ads