D&D General Greyhawk setting material

So I just picked up Ghost of Saltmarsh and I have only read the first chapter but have scanned it over many times. I'm really enjoying the write up on Saltmarsh. I've always played and ran games in FR and have setting material for that setting (old grey box). My question is, what is a good start for Greyhawk material. I wish to learn more about the setting. I DM 5e but if I'm not mistaken this setting never really got an update through the editions did it? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So I just picked up Ghost of Saltmarsh and I have only read the first chapter but have scanned it over many times. I'm really enjoying the write up on Saltmarsh. I've always played and ran games in FR and have setting material for that setting (old grey box). My question is, what is a good start for Greyhawk material. I wish to learn more about the setting. I DM 5e but if I'm not mistaken this setting never really got an update through the editions did it? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

It's a long complicated story, but while it has gotten 2E and 3.x updates, just get the 1E box set from the DMs Guild: it is basically 100% 5E compatible, might need to change the random monster tables slightly.

Was hoping DM's Guild would have the box set in a POD format. May try to find a decent used hard copy. If all else fails I'll buy the PDF

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Out of the box suggestion: check out the 3E Deities & Demigods, where the Greyhawk pantheon and cosmology gets detailed pretty heavily. 1E Deities & Demigods might be good for that, too, bit I like James Wyatt's take.
I'd suggest the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer for this, really. It give details on more of the GH gods without all the game mechanics in D&DG.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases