• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grim-n-Gritty: Revised and Simplified

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
Bump :)

Just wondering...I didn't read this whole thread, so I'm just going to ask...where are the latest versions of these rules? I know there's 3.3, but that's not the latest version and I'm not going to go through all these posts to find the latest version, unless I really do have to, but that could be oh so time consuming...

cablop

First Post
are those the continuation of the martial arts rules? i was looking for the epic martial arts skills and feats... but not willing to buy a different product

i also wonder if those rules are compatible with the pathfinder rules set

Last edited:

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
I've never seen v4.0, so I'm not sure... but the product description only mentions a few martial arts feats, among a lot of other stuff. It seems to be an updated version of "Grim-n-Gritty Hit Point and Combat Rules (v3.3)".

In other words, I don't think it's an extension of his "d20 Skills-n-Feats Martial Arts System" rules, if that's what you're referring to.

And it's also distinct from his "Grim-n-Gritty Combat: Revised and Simplified", which is a stripped down version of the "HP and Combat" rules document(s).

As for compatibility with PF, you might ask in the Pathfinder forum.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Not to my knowledge. In the preface to "G-n-G Revised and Simplified", Ken Hood says he stopped playing rpgs back in 2002 or 2004 or so. So I don't think there will be any more updates to his stuff, sadly :(

cablop

First Post
ok... then any good alternative to those rules for epic characters? my friends started to propose some "epic" rules, but cause Ken rules are almost realistic... i'm realizing those proposed rules are unrealistic, lol... anyway epic characters are unrealistic also

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
I rarely get into epic level or martial arts, so I'm not sure about alternate rules (for me 10th is epic ;) ).

However, if you start a new thread specifically about epic martial arts, someone else might be more likely to see it and have some suggestions for you.

pskben

First Post
Power attack?

In your system would you change power attack any? I was just wondering because if one was wielding a two handed weapon and just took a -2 they are adding 4 to damage and in your system that is pretty decent amount.

You may have already touched on this in previous threads but I really didn’t want to go through 20+ pages.

Remove ads