D&D General grodog's GaryCon XV convention report

grodog

Hero
337253980_171674775683060_1233474459944556620_n.jpg

My GaryCon XV convention report!: GaryCon XV Convention Report - 21-27 March 2023 :D

Allan.

grodog

Hero
Sorry to hear you got sick, and hope you're feeling better. Thanks for the convention report!

I'm doing better now, and hopefully will test negative in the morning and be able to rejoin the family in our daily lives ;)

New Lakofka AD&D adventures?! Well cool! Thanks!

The snow was surreal and cool.

Happy to help spread the word about Lenard's (and Rob's) newest designs :D

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it has snowed at many but not every GaryCon. It's always pretty out over the lake!

Allan.

I looked at your booth a few times but already have most of the main OSR books. I actually did much less shopping this year than previous ones. Just one piece of original art from the dealer hall.

Unlike prior years. Did not seem to be many special releases for the Con.

I switched into a villa and had only brought sneakers, the the walk to my 8 AM classic traveller game was a little interesting. Reminded myself that I am Canadian and toughed it out. The California weather for the last long while has thinned my blood, though.

5C8BCD0D-D771-44F9-B0DB-9C75BD8A0701.jpeg

grodog

Hero
@grodog thank you for that. I think I knew about Robs work.

You're welcome!

The snow from our room on the resort.

Great shot! =)

I looked at your booth a few times but already have most of the main OSR books. I actually did much less shopping this year than previous ones. Just one piece of original art from the dealer hall.

Unlike prior years. Did not seem to be many special releases for the Con.

That's fair. We had a number of new books/titles like Arden Vul in print (but it's been available for a couple of years now), our new 17"x22" hex pads, and some other items hot off the presses, but none were particularly a big deal or convention-only releases.

I switched into a villa and had only brought sneakers, the the walk to my 8 AM classic traveller game was a little interesting. Reminded myself that I am Canadian and toughed it out. The California weather for the last long while has thinned my blood, though.

Also another great snow shot, thanks! :D

Allan.

You're welcome!

Great shot! =)

That's fair. We had a number of new books/titles like Arden Vul in print (but it's been available for a couple of years now), our new 17"x22" hex pads, and some other items hot off the presses, but none were particularly a big deal or convention-only releases.

Also another great snow shot, thanks! :D

Allan.
I did not notice the hex paper, if I had I probably would have picked some up.

grodog

Hero
I did not notice the hex paper, if I had I probably would have picked some up.

You can mail order with us via our Facebook page at Black Blade Publishing, or pick it up at North Texas in June if you're attending, or GaryCon next year of course!

Here's a picture of the new 17"x22" Greyhawk-sized hex pads with an OSRIC hardcover for scale:

1680580665028.png

We also have them in 11"x17" in the same pattern (with Wilderlands hexes on top; the 17"x22" pads are single-sided), and 8.5"x11" hex pads for drill-down (3 layer hex grid for campaign hexes). Oh, and the 4.25"x5.5" mini sketch hex and graph pads too :D

Allan.

Remove ads