D&D General grodog's GaryCon XV convention report

grodog

Hero
The roads were all-clear by Monday, which made the drive home easy, which was a big plus ;)

For those of you who did attend GaryCon in-person, did you visit the dealer hall in the Forums during the con? I know it was a hike for many folks, and it's out of the way. Curious to hear (at an informal level), if folks never made it down there at all vs. once or twice, etc.

Allan.

darjr

I crit!
The roads were all-clear by Monday, which made the drive home easy, which was a big plus ;)

For those of you who did attend GaryCon in-person, did you visit the dealer hall in the Forums during the con? I know it was a hike for many folks, and it's out of the way. Curious to hear (at an informal level), if folks never made it down there at all vs. once or twice, etc.

Allan.
I made it but only twice. Before I’d go in between running games. This year the trek made that difficult. I might conspire some way to run games somewhere closer next year.

Last edited:

grodog

Hero
I made it but only twice. Before I’d go in between running games. This year the trek made that difficult. I might conspire some way to run games somewhere closer next year.

Were you aware there was a half-hourly shuttle available?

Allan.

darjr

I crit!
Were you aware there was a half-hourly shuttle available?

Allan.
To the hall? From one end of the resort to the other?

I stayed at the resort and my games were in the big ballroom. With the vendor hall closing at 5 I needed to go between my games, and eat, and move and setup for the next game, etc.

It made it just enough of a pain to walk between wings of the resort that I only did it twice.

I am interested in how you faired, if there is a noticeable change. Ballpark is all I need to know.

Luke is kinda in a tight spot. I think I heard they ran out of tickets at some point, dunno if that means they turned folks away or not.

I absolutely needed to spend more time at your booth.

grodog

Hero
To the hall? From one end of the resort to the other?

I believe that the shuttle ran all the way out to the Ski Chalet, but I never made it out of the main hotel buildings complex, so I'm not sure.

I stayed at the resort and my games were in the big ballroom. With the vendor hall closing at 5 I needed to go between my games, and eat, and move and setup for the next game, etc.

It made it just enough of a pain to walk between wings of the resort that I only did it twice.

I think that's a great point: the inability to just drop-in between sessions, in particular when one ends a little early.

Allan.

Remove ads