(Group A) Welcome to The Fold IC (Group A)

Araciell

First Post
Arasworld » home
(The new Wiki for our setting)

Lance - Fighter
Reejen - Cleric
Arilee - Wizard
Carshen - Bard
Stone - Ranger

(we can play it either that you've been traveling together for a while or you meet up in the tavern, if you like :p)

And so you have arrived at the Twin Capital Cities of Lexim and Ragrus. Being weary from the road, you head straight for the edge of the busy trade district of Lexim and to the cheapest inn you can find. The Maiden's Kiss is not a rough establishment by any means, but nor does it seem particularly welcoming. As the sun sets over the city, you sit down to a nice meal of local food in the main dining hall. There are barely any signs of life, save for the serving people and an old man, dressed in a leather apron, eating by himself in one corner of the room.

Vertexx69

First Post
Lance walks into the establishment next to the pelorian, paying no mind to those present just yet. He seems intent telling some story or another...

"So I've got the skeleton on the end of my lance and its flailing around and gnashing its broken stubs of teeth at me, but the stupid thing is stuck and can't pull itself down to me. So I end up having to lift the whole thing's rotting corpse off the ground, and bashing it to pieces against the same old dead hanging tree that the poor bastard had been hung from the night before hahah!" He claps the cleric on the shoulder. "Leave it to those pesky necros to let a guy end up being killed twice in the same spot. No manners at all!"

His hemlet his tied to the top of his pack, and his head is wet from an obviously recent dunk in a water trough outside. His armor is very similar to the clerics but with some sort of elaborate coat-of-arms instead of a big grinning sun. He sits down at the table in the middle of the room and waves over the serving wench with a winning smile.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Arilee grabs a chair at the table and sits down.

Reminds me of the time I stayed in the The Bone Tavern & Inn. It was in a city called Druthek I think. One of me mates went to the closet to hang up his belongings. When he opened the door he let out a yelp. When I went to investigate he was on the other side of the open door pointing and gesturing with his index finger. There was a skeleton hanging in the closet. Guess he was more than just a little jostled by that. But what do you expect from a place named such. I got a good laugh out of it.

She grabs an arrow, and gives it a good looking over. Running her right thumb and forefinger over the shaft, she sighs contentedly. She takes then arrow shaft into the palm of her right hand and slams the arrow into the table, head first. The arrow sticks into the table and she lets out a loud laugh.

Merlin's Shadow

First Post
Stone runs a hand through his tousled black hair. "I think you're both liars," he says with a chuckle. "You'd both wet yourselves if you dealt with a real skeleton."

The half-orc's earth-tone clothes are dirty and full of patched holes, their normal state. His dark eyes dart around the entire establishment, feeling it out - exits, out of place persons, anything out of the ordinary. He orders a mug of whatever is on tap and sits back, sipping on it.

[sblock]Spot +5[/sblock]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Arilee looks at the half-orc as if perplexed by its statement.

I did nae say that the skeleton was animated, no. I only stated there was one in a closet. An' let me tell you, I mae not be a cleric and hold true power over the undead, but I am a wizard. There are the powers of Necromancy that can and do hold sway over the unliving. When I become powerful enough I'll be able to make 'em and control 'em.

Vertexx69

First Post
The fighter just raises an eyebrow and continues his story as he fishes around in a small pouch at his belt. "Now I don't claim to be any kind of master orater ranger, but does my armor look like it has never seen combat?" Lance tosses out a large sharpened eyetooth that skitters on the table in front of him. He glances over at arilee with a shrug. "You see? Its not completely useless to carry a trophy or two now is it?" Then he looks back to the half orc with a confident grin. "I believe it had been one of your kind, but don't take it personally my friend. He was a thief who recieved a fair trial, and neither you or I were the one who raised him right? So have a seat and I'll buy you an ale." He picks up the tooth again and looks it over before putting it back in the little beltpouch.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Carshen ties his long, straight hair back in a ponytail with a piece of leather and stick, straightens out his thin black mustache, and begins.

"Careful about those old skeletons in the closet," Carshen adds, "because you never quite know when you have to fight one for real. I had been entertaining the folks in Lord Philpot's manor just a couple weeks back. I swear, the Lord must keep the food locked up for himself, because, well... I'll explain later. Anyway, I was sneaking an apple in the kitchen that the maid thoughtfully hid in a pot when the Lord's daughter looked in. I was mortified, at first, wondering if she'd run to tell her family. But she simply floated in, lay a paper on the counter, and glided out of the kitchen like a phantom, without saying a word. I swear, the lady was slender as an elf, and twice as elegant. The paper turned out to be a map, by secret passage, to her bedchamber. So, what's a humble servant to do?

I made my way through the labyrinthine corridors secreted in the walls, and stealthily appeared by her bedside. She lay there, grinning and giggling. As I prepared myself for her, what should happen but the wardrobe bursting wide open, and this creaky skeleton, wearing a white shroud, leaped forth, howling, 'How Dare You!'

I like to think myself a brave soul, not the sort to shrink from the foul underworld, but I must admit I shrieked like a foundling. The daughter, fire in her eyes, simply turned to the cadaverous apparition and scolded, 'Mother!'

Here I stood, wondering what must have happened to this poor girl's mother, when she pointed at me and shot back, 'Don't mother me, you were supposed to deliver MY note! He was supposed to come to MY bedchamber!'

That's when I realized that the fell haunt I was facing was indeed the decrepit, emaciated Lady Philpot, resplendent in her nightgown. Enough, I decided, and ran."

Merlin's Shadow

First Post
Stone laughs and he slams his mug down. "And I remember the time I rutted with the king's daughter while a dozen skeletons looked on." The half-orc continues chuckling for a moment and then looks around.

"You know, I would have expected this place to be a bit busier. Is there anything going on?"

Wiggimuck

First Post
Rejeen listens to the story somewhat surprised.

What ghastly stories! Thank Pelor we need not worry of such horrors here among the living.

Rejeen looks around the Maiden's Kiss.

This looks like a warm enough place to rest our weary souls.

Araciell

First Post
(You don't seem to notice much, Stone)

As you tell each other your stories, the night goes on a little, and you hear the voices of many men speaking in dwarven. The door swings open and in walk about a dozen dwarves, all of them talking loudly to one another. One of the stout folk nods knowingly to the barman, and the group sets up three tables, settling in around them and paying you no mind.

The older patron who seemed to have been catching a quick nap, wakes and a slight scowl crosses his face.

Remove ads