Grufflehead taking a leave of absence

grufflehead

First Post
After many long hours of research, I think I have finally perfected the ritual to summon the Elder Gods and lay waste to this pitiful ball of rock. I imagine it taking several days to complete, during which time I can't afford to be distracted by computers and other trifles.

If all goes according to plan, there will *be* no Thursday next week. Mwahahahahah. Er, sorry, however, if by some chance I've got my calculations wrong, then I'll resume all of my games once I've cleaned up any stray components, extra-dimensional goo, etc.

Last edited:

grufflehead

First Post
Never has there been a better time for a shout of 'Curses, foiled again!'.

And now mother wants the chalk pentagram washed off the kitchen floor, I've got 23 buckets of *something* to get rid of, and the neighbours are starting to wonder where all the clucking is coming from... At this rate, I'll be at it all weekend, and still no nearer to achieving ultimate power. Bah, should have taken up necromancy instead.

grufflehead

First Post
Apologies to everyone whose games I am in - obviously my previous experimentation with 'things man was not meant to know' has drained this feeble mortal shell beyond further use. While my disembodied spirit searches for another suitable vessel to inhabit I will find interacting with the material plane somewhat problematic for about a week. So unless I can possess some hapless minion, regrettably you'll have to dispense with my contributions - feel free to adjudicate as you see fit.

grufflehead

First Post
I'm taking a step back from things for a while. For some reason or other, this isn't doing it for me at the moment (I was going to say 'any more' but I have had a couple of extended breaks from gaming in the past and always come back to it so I'm sure I *will* be back at some stage).

Of course, I've probably messed up several people's games with a sudden withdrawal and for that I apologise. Thanks to all of you who have suffered my fumblings over the last few months or so in a variety of places. I've had a lot of fun and met some cool folks.

Happy gaming.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Reality distorts as hooded figure in a white and gold robe appears next to the man speaking on a high podium before a small audience.

The figure is holding a silvery rod in its left hand and extends its right index finger at Grufflehead, dual beams of green energy shooting out towards the man in an instant. A few seconds later, another two beams extend from the location the hooded figure is standing.

Grufflehead's eyes widen as he is reduced to a pile of smolthering ashes, that are slowly being scattered by the light morning breeze.

"So much for him and his plan to summon the Elders."
mutters the figure with a strangely androgenous voice. It then phases out of reality, leaving naught but a faint electrical sensation in the air.

[sblock]Plane Shift to enter: stage left.

Fire off a Twin Ray, Repeat Spell, Intensified, Enhanced Disintegrate empowering it with a Rod of Metamagic Empower.

Plane Shift to exit: stage right.[/sblock]

Last edited:

grufflehead

First Post
So long and thanks

To all the players, GMs and general posters whose acquaintance I have made over the past year...

...just wanted to sign off with a thank you for some great discussions and memorable games. My time here is at an end. For reasons I can't quite fathom, a fellow poster seems to have taken some deep offense against me - the author of the post above this as it happens.

Naively I applied to join a game they were offering some time back. I explained up front it was somewhat out of my usual comfort zone, but it sounded like an interesting opportunity and there didn't appear to be a rush of applicants. Discussions didn't proceed very far before I was being belittled for my lack of 'ability' to play the game - ridiculously underpowered character concept being the primary gripe. I was rather taken a back, being more a story kind of player, so quickly withdrew thinking that was the end of the matter.

Until I decided to take a leave of absence to deal with some personal issues (ill health of my parents primarily). As you can see from the post above, while several people wished me well, I was on the wrong end of another sneering putdown.

I'm not some shrinking violet; I realise there is a certain amount of rough and tumble on the internet. Why someone who shares this great hobby of ours would get their kicks out of attempting to humiliate a fellow player is anyone's guess but there you have it.

Having largely forgotten about it, I got home last night having had to deal with some bad news and discovered a PM from a friend who informed me that the same poster is now ridiculing me on another board, yukking it up (again) at my expense. It's rather soured me to the whole thing, so any remaining enthusiasm for the community here has been pretty much punctured.

Good day and good gaming (to quote Kurt Weigl) to you all in future.

Remove ads