• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GSL OGL???? What?

JohnSnow

Hero
Treebore said:
I think he is mostly concerned about having a 4E SRD from which to easily copy and paste whole rules he wants for his home brew documents. It saves a lot of work when your trying to make such a thorough house rules document.

I think he's out of luck then.

As I understand it, the 4E SRD is going to be a reference document for what in the 4E rules is licensed content, not a stripped version of those rules that's had WotC IP stripped out.

From what I understand, there's not going to be a document anymore that people can copy/paste from. I think too many people abused the SRD by using it for purposes beyond what was intended, so this time around, WotC isn't going to make it that easy.

But I could be wrong.

Treebore

First Post
JohnSnow said:

As I understand it, the 4E SRD is going to be a reference document for what in the 4E rules is licensed content, not a stripped version of those rules that's had WotC IP stripped out.

From what I understand, there's not going to be a document anymore that people can copy/paste from. I think too many people abused the SRD by using it for purposes beyond what was intended, so this time around, WotC isn't going to make it that easy.

But I could be wrong.

Well, I hope your wrong. A 4E SRD is the only real shot they have at convincing me to buy into 4E.

Well, its probably actually better if they don't convince me. Oh well.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Henry said:
The actual license is due out in June, (. . .)

This is both the long and short of it all. Until the GSL is released (and used), it is virtually nothing but an idea. Contracts are theory until they are in use.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
JohnSnow said:

But I could be wrong.

No idea if its accurate or not, but I've heard the same thing as well.

Remove ads