Guardians of Order's death-a confirmation

Turjan

Explorer
trancejeremy said:
If all their products are like that, the real question is, how did they stay in business so long...
Tékumel: Empire of the Petal Throne is a really good fantasy RPG. The setting is one of the classics, but the authors produced a nice implementation of GoO's Tri-stat system for it. It's definitely worth a look, if you don't mind it's not d20.

Garnfellow

Explorer
What a shame -- Game of Thrones was fantastic, and I was really looking forward to Tekumel d20, which was slated to be released this summer.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
One of the best things from GoO was their Gamer's Manifesto. I wonder if I could acquire the rights to that...

Sad to see GoO go. :(

Greg K

Legend
trancejeremy said:
Personally, I paid $9 for their Trigun d20 book, and I feel ripped off. If I had paid the MSRP (which I think was $40?) I would have been steaming mad. If all their products are like that, the real question is, how did they stay in business so long...

I haven't seen Trigun d20. However, I was very impressed with Tristat dx, the anime srd and the mecha srd.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Arashi Ravenblade said:
I cant honestly care, i was never a fan.
I found the rules poor.

Which rules? There are like 3 dozen books people are talking about here!! :D

They had some good stuff though I never really enjoyed the anime inspired stuff. Ghost Dog was great though.

Xyanthon

First Post
It is indeed sad to see another publisher close their doors. I found GoO's A Game of Thrones to be the most well done RPG books that I own (which is saying a lot because I own quite a bit). I wish there were more games published with the production values that the Delux Edition of this game had. Hopefully, somebody will pick this property up and be able to continue it in the high quality that GoO provided.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
That's really terrible. I own a lot of their games and always found them to be well-done. I hope that the various lines can be placed with another publisher, since I'd hate to see things like BESM, Tekumel and the rest fall by the wayside.

arscott

First Post
I haven't really read that much GoO stuff, but I did get the impression that their d20 conversions were sub-par even if the flavor was pretty impressive.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases