DDAL Guide: Customizing Starting Gear in AL

This is a great guide. You should see about getting it added to guide collection post in the CharOp forum, as this is a handy guide to stretch your starting gold.

TwinPeaksGuy

Explorer
Kalani,

Time to add the Haunted One background and the Monster Hunter's pack?

Am I missing it, or is the Monster Hunter's pack from CoS the only place to get a premade wooden stake?

I'm sure most DMs would allow a PC with most bladed weapons and access to a fallen tree branch to make a wooden stake, but it would have been nice if there were cost and weight stats for a nice hardwood stake. Maybe it's the same as an iron spike or a piton?

Last edited:

kalani

First Post
Yes I plan on adding these to my list, although I have been playing catchup for the last few weeks on account of also organizing a convention. Once my convention is finished (April 2nd) I should have more time to devote to other projects (such as this thread, and numerous other projects I have - including a couple modules for the DMsGuild)

TwinPeaksGuy

Explorer
In your own time. I sat down and ran some numbers myself and concluded that there wasn't much to sell, most of the value is in the holy water and that just didn't make sense to sell.

kalani

First Post
Update: Added Curse of Strahd and Haunted One backgrounds.

Minor Plug: I received my first "official" designer credit for my work on the Black Fist Double Agent and Dragon Casualty backgrounds. This isn't my first AL work however, just the first work I have been credited for as a designer :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases