Guilty Pleasure Song

Zardnaar

Legend
As the thread says. What song do you like even if it's not of a genre you like or would admit to liking. Generally I like rock and metal that's it. But every now and then something comes along that gets stuck in my head.

Runner ups would be Rasputin by Boney M and Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush.

Zardnaar

Legend
Boney M were a fake band. Couldn't dance or sing. I think one of them could sing.

The manager or something like that was behind the Milli Vanelli lip synch scandal.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Boney M were a fake band. Couldn't dance or sing. I think one of them could sing.

The band had four members. In the 70s, their studio recordings were done by two of the ladies, and their producer doing vocals. In live concert, the four members performed live - not lip synching.

Zardnaar

Legend
The band had four members. In the 70s, their studio recordings were done by two of the ladies, and their producer doing vocals. In live concert, the four members performed live - not lip synching.

There clips online come across as lip synching. I knew one of the ladies could sing well, the rest of the band not as good.

Still damn catchy either way. Ra Ra Rasputin lover of the ......

My Russian lecturer at uni decided to play "traditional" Russian folk song and it's been stuck in my head.

Listen to the video and it pops up when you let you tube play so I have Kontrust, Eluvietie, Therion, 90s grunge and metal etc playing and the Rasputin plays.

Wife gives me funny looks. This
to Rasputin.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There clips online come across as lip synching.

Dude, it is from the 70s. Pre-MTV. Yes, lots of things on TV were lip-synched, due to technological limitations of the day. I was talking about live performance, like in concert.

The clip you have there looks like it is from TopPop - a Dutch TV show. Their main approach was to have acts mime to their recent top recordings.

Remove ads