Guilty Pleasure Song

Zardnaar

Legend
Dude, it is from the 70s. Pre-MTV. Yes, lots of things on TV were lip-synched, due to technological limitations of the day. I was talking about live performance, like in concert.

The clip you have there looks like it is from TopPop - a Dutch TV show. Their main approach was to have acts mime to their recent top recordings.

Wasn't my clip I watch a different one.

Some genres don't agecwell and people are kind of wtf were we thinking.

Disco is one of those genres, Nu Metal would be a more recent example.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Boney M were a fake band. Couldn't dance or sing. I think one of them could sing.

The manager or something like that was behind the Milli Vanelli lip synch scandal.
Boney M were no more fake than many studio bands, but the four leads were primarily a stage performance,

the male vocals in studio was not the stage performer.

And all that because besides Rasputin I also like Boney Ms “Plantation Boy”, “Ma Baker” and “El Lute”

Zardnaar

Legend
Boney M were no more fake than many studio bands, but the four leads were primarily a stage performance,

the male vocals in studio was not the stage performer.

And all that because besides Rasputin I also like Boney Ms “Plantation Boy”, “Ma Baker” and “El Lute”

Note I don't like studio type bands.

Boney M is stupidly catchy though. Better than a lot of bands. Give me Boney M over Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Take That etc.

ccs

41st lv DM
Santa Claus Lane by Hillary Duff.

As a Toys-R-Us employee until we went out of business summer of '18, I spent ALOT of time listening to this each Christmas season thanks to our in-store music.
From 2002 - 2017, starting Nov.1st - Christmas Eve, it played on average about once an hour (depending upon the exact mix each year).
Now consider that between those dates I'd be spending 8-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, in my store....

Hmm. Maybe I don't actually like the song. Maybe I've been brainwashed.

Nah. I like it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases