H1's Splugg: A total success! (spoilers)

hectorse

Explorer
My group had their 6th session into KotS and it was a blast. They almost cleared the 1st level. After clearing the torture chamber they found Splugg hiding in a corner of his cell.

I have to note that this group had tried to capture other kobolds and goblins before but as I knew I wanted to make Splugg special, I down RP'ed. They were just minions too scared to talk or too bold that tried to run from the PC's at first sign.

Splugg is different though, the hooks are strong in this one:

He came on the right side of the girls affectionate side when he told the group he was being kept prisoner for being "a little too cute for the other goblins" and crying in the corner. They then asked him to draw a map of the place which he did to the best of his knowledge but the drawing was horrible (I am a poor artist lol). He then said he would help them get "on those damn hobgoblin bullieses"

At the description of one of the barracks: "a solid hedor emmanates from these barracks smells like sweat and :):):):)"

Quarion, Eladrin Wizard: "These goblins are such filty creatures"

Splugg proudly says "Not splugg no! I shower once a month Need it or not"

Group ket laughing with every other stupid thing he said >_<

Seeing as one of the girls really liked the character, I RP'ed him as a kind of a cheer leader. He keep shouting curses to the enemies and kept hiding behind the paladin (girl's PC) at the end of her turn.

To a decrepit skeleton: "Hey skinny, why don't you take someone of your height, like the warforged paladin over here" *runs to hide behind the paladin*

"You! dear they didn't give you rosco did they?" to the gravehound zombies...

Then he disappeared while the PC's slept in the hostal.
And appeared again after lunch after the rest.

Aiackos, Tiefling Warord: "Why are you wandering around weakling?"
Splugg: "Sir, you snore a little bit too loudly"

*queue laughes*

I was approached after the session by the players, they never found a character so much fun and involving!

I have a little trouble roleplaying Lords and city majors. Also playig mighty wizards and stuff like that. THey take themselves too seriously. Splugg and Ordin, the hafling merchant thye keep finding every other day (conveniently for their GP expenditure) are easier and more memorable.

zoroaster100

First Post
We haven't gotten to Splug yet, but I'm hoping he will be a success with my players. I'm stealing some of your ideas for use in roleplaying him. I like the idea of having him be a cowardly cheerleeder. That might endear him enough to the characters to keep him alive longer.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Splug has cheerfully been adopted by my Sunday group.

Splug's highlights so far [spoilers]:

1. Splug has claimed the party as his 'muulken', which is the closest word in the goblin tongue for 'friend' (roughly translated as, "no kill you in your sleep.")

2. Fatty Fat Goblin Boss Jerk tried to flee down a flight of stairs. Splug tripped him.

3. Bastia the Fighter ended up pincushioned by Goblin Sharpshooters in the excavation pit. Splug performed two untrained Heal checks, stabilizing her and bringing her back to consciousness. Sadly for Bastia, his healing check was heavy on the mouth-to-mouth. Splug is now in love.

4. Taught Erin the Warlock the goblin tongue (she retrained it upon reaching second level). So now whenever he speaks to her, Splug uses my best Recieved Pronunciation. So when he speaks to the rest of the party in butchered Common ("Me Splug. No kill Splug. Human want rat? Rat good!"), Erin gets, "My dear Erin, you appear to be famished from your travels. Shall I prepare you a small repast? If I may be so bold, may I recommend something in a rodent bisque?"

5. He now carries a backpack filled with javelins, responding to Bastia's "Splug! Javelin!" with all obsequious speed. The fighter now has a caddy.

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Splug has cheerfully been adopted by my Sunday group.

Splug's highlights so far [spoilers]:

5. He now carries a backpack filled with javelins, responding to Bastia's "Splug! Javelin!" with all obsequious speed. The fighter now has a caddy.

OK, I love all of those things, but this one really gets me.

My players are either going to love, or hate, Splug. Can't wait to get him involved.

Atomo

First Post
During all the combat in the torture chamber, I cry while Dm'ing "SAVE SPLUG! SAVE SPLUG!"... The players were more irritating with the goblin's cry than with the combat :p

When the combat was over (and I still cry with the silliest voice I could "SAVE SPLUG!"), they find Splug and I described him as a goblin wearing a cricus acrobat's outfit, the party laughed lots.

Soon, they gave the Splug to our mage as companion. The reason behind this is that the mage is almost so silly as Splug. "One owns the other", the party reasoned. "Splug is the mage in goblin form".

Unfortunely, during a run for life (fleeing from vicious drakes), the mage betrayed Splug and "gave" him to the drakes for his escape :.-(

Remove ads