• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

H3 Pyramid of Shadows - I Have It!

frankthedm

First Post
Thanks again for the monster lists. Here are the first two counter sheets made with video game critters and such for the PoS module.

[sblock=First two video game counter sheets]
img135.image shack.us/img135/5452/shawdowedpyre1wl1.png
img135.imageshack.us/img135/3017/shawdowedpyre2oo0.png

[/sblock]

Shroomy

Adventurer
Hey SHroomy!

H2 is easy to chop up and use various bits for your own adventures (Using the Well of Demons, etc).

How easy would it be to chop up the various areas of the Pyramid and dropping them in other adventure sites (how easy to do they stand alone)? And are they interesting enough to do so?

Also, does this adventure take players up three levels?

Althought almost all of the encounter areas are within the same structure, they are very distinct from each other and I think it would be fairly easy to chop the adventure up and use bits and pieces. I do think that many of the encounter areas are very interesting, some more than others:

[sblock]My favorite has to be a room adorned with demonic faces that you can teleport through by jumping into their open maws. Unfortunately, if someone does that (and the foulspawn guarding the room certainly do so), the demonic faces come alive and bite anyone adjacent to them. They also talk (pleading to be fed) and you can negotiate with them if you want (do it right, and they'll disgorge a nice magical weapon). Makes for a very interesting encounter.[/sblock]

The adventure takes PCs from 7th to 10th level.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
A few monster questions:

About the dragon:
Is the fact that it is white important? Could it be green, red or blue?

About the arboreans:
Are they all humanoid? What sizes are they? Small? Medium? Large?

About the Otyugh:
Is it size large like a normal otyugh?

A few monster questions:

About the dragon:
Is the fact that it is white important? Could it be green, red or blue?

About the arboreans:
Are they all humanoid? What sizes are they? Small? Medium? Large?

About the Otyugh:
Is it size large like a normal otyugh?

Answers:
[sblock]
Dragon: The dungeon theme fits the dragons color, as do some encounters. Otherwise, his presence in the Pyramid in the first place is not related to his color.
[/sblock]

[sblock]
Arboreans: The arboreans itself are all humanoid. They have non-arborean allies, which are not all humanoid. They also have a Abrorean Plant Terror, which is apparently not humanoid, but an animated plant creature. Unfortunately, there is no illustration or descriptive text as far as I can see.
[/sblock]

[sblock]
Otyugh: The Otyugh is large, but has a different theme, more decay/death, less filth/dirt.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads