• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Hackmaster] To anyone who's ever been slightly interested in trying this game out...

griffonwing

First Post
13 seconds between staff attacks? Are they assuming everyone is partially paralyzed? 10 seconds between longsword swings from a strong fighter is extremely slow. A GURPS fighter would eat him alive! :p

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I first read the speeds. However, there are advanced (optional) rules. Jab, Hold at Bay, Aggressive Attack, Charge, Tactical Move, Readying Against Charge, Fight Defensively, Full Parry, Give Ground, Scamper Back, Fighting Withdrawal, Flee, Rear Attacks, and Knockbacks. Any of these are available during combat.

You have just attacked with a longsword, and your speed is 10(8) (no bonuses). Your next attack that will land a blow will be in 10 seconds, or you will find a weakness and Jab at 8 seconds. During this time, you are positioning your self, moving left, right, etc.

Picture the sword fight in The Princess Bride. That was not a confined duel. They went all over the map. Constantly swinging, occasionally striking the other. Same here. Movement, tactical planning, giving ground to increase your DEF, attacking aggressively. This is a very fluid combat system.

KJSEvans

First Post
Beyond that, as you improve in level (especially as a fighter) you improve in your attack speed. Eventually it's possible, without magical aid, to get your speed down to (on average, when you factor in various weapon sizes) 3 seconds between attacks.

Attacking every 3 seconds is, from my understanding, pretty close to how fast you can get with most heavy weapons in a combat situation in RL. It's something to aspire toward in HackMaster. :)

griffonwing

First Post
Beyond that, as you improve in level (especially as a fighter) you improve in your attack speed. Eventually it's possible, without magical aid, to get your speed down to (on average, when you factor in various weapon sizes) 3 seconds between attacks.

Attacking every 3 seconds is, from my understanding, pretty close to how fast you can get with most heavy weapons in a combat situation in RL. It's something to aspire toward in HackMaster. :)

Aww, but I wanna start out level 1 as a master of the blade!! *pout*

frankthedm

First Post
Also, who says we don't paypal?
:hmm: Your web page.
https://www.kenzerco.com/checkout_payment.php said:
kcoorder.png
Plus there was no there was no paypal button on the web page that I could see. A nice quick
paypalcheckoutbuttonp.png
lets a customer save time by taking the shopping cart straight to paypal so they don't have to fill out Name, address email & credit card forms for yet another web page.

I can understand Paypal's merchant's fees can make paypal seem like something to keep "in reserve" for customers without credit cards and such, but by not having it be easy access, you will miss impulse buyers. I know I'm a lot more likely to impulsively buy from a website when I can just take my shopping cart to paypal's express check out line and be done with it.

Last edited:

:lol::lol: A typical English broadsword is balanced and weighs around 3 pounds. Anyone fit enough to be using one should be able to attack each second unless they are waiting, evaluating or otherwise delaying for some reason.

There are some heavier unbalanced weapons that might take a couple extra seconds between attacks for all but the strongest fighters.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads