Spelljammer Hadozee: You got Starfrontiers in my Spelljammer!

Yaarel

He Mage
I dont believe in "science fantasy".

I see no meaningful difference between "advanced scientific speculation" and "mythic tropes". Protoscience is emergent science.

All of it is science fiction.

To be kind, it is all "speculative fiction".

Stormonu

Legend
Anybody but me thinking the notion that WOTC hates older players is…bogus?

First they certainly had some nods to 1-3e…then this kind of stuff. I don’t think I M their most coveted demographic but neither do I think they have disowned players in their 40s…
Nostalgia sells, and they know it. We get plenty of nods to the old stuff, but under the hood it's all different.

Not that it is a bad thing - I like a lot of what I've seen here, but don't think they're in the oldtimer's corner either. They're just good at tapping into those old, half-forgotten memories.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Anybody but me thinking the notion that WOTC hates older players is…bogus?

First they certainly had some nods to 1-3e…then this kind of stuff. I don’t think I’m their most coveted demographic but neither do I think they have disowned players in their 40s…
Hell…I had all the LJN figures. I played with feats.

I was all about asymmetry. Makes ya think. Oat like they were shooting for as wide a demographic as possible to get all the sweet money :)

Now what 5e does is a tale to be told…bet I am buying less but damn am I glad for 5e.

Playing with pals from child hood the other day was damn near euphoric. What fun!

Warpiglet-7

Nostalgia sells, and they know it. We get plenty of nods to the old stuff, but under the hood it's all different.

Not that it is a bad thing - I like a lot of what I've seen here, but don't think they're in the oldtimer's corner either. They're just good at tapping into those old, half-forgotten memories.
They are not dumb. It gave me the feels…now am I gonna but radiant citadel? No but I wouldn’t have back then either.

Dark sun? Maybe. Greyhawk? Two copies. But they have a lot of my money already. Many of the books and 1000s in minis. Damn tricky business people!

Stormonu

Legend
Hey @Warpiglet-7 , you're not allowed to quote yourself until this thread has been necro'ed!

Between me and my brother, we had all the LJN figures as well. ...And G1 transformers ...and GI Joe up to the USS Flagg, and most of the original Kenner Star Wars....

Wish I'd kept all that...but then I'd have no place to live!

Warpiglet-7

Hey @Warpiglet-7 , you're not allowed to quote yourself until this thread has been necro'ed!

Between me and my brother, we had all the LJN figures as well. ...And G1 transformers ...and GI Joe up to the USS Flagg, and most of the original Kenner Star Wars....

Wish I'd kept all that...but then I'd have no place to live!
Warms my heart! I still have all my figures—GIJOE anyway. Showed my son his future inheritance 🙄all guns and accessories intact!

Star Wars got trashed. Brother trashes LJN stuff (I found girls and let it go).

My 8 year old is now getting the new GIJOE stuff! He has two HISS tanks!!!

Better yet he and my oldest are making D&D characters…I did something right!

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I would prefer if the Hadozee art leaned more heavily into the Planet of the Apes aesthetic with chimp, orangutan, and mountain gorilla-type builds and fur. I never thought of Yazirians as ape-like, I too thought they were bat people.
I like this mini though.
Hadozee
hadozee render.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases