• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-Elemental advice

PwrMnky

First Post
I am playing a half-earth elemental fighter. 20th level.

It's great!

But I need range/versatility.

Fighters don't offer any skills, spells or a great manifold of options for magical/ranged attacks.

Any suggestions? I'm open to PrC suggestions, Feats, any ideas ...

(Right now, I have a few levels in Stonelord, and I plan on taking a level of Sorcerer.)

Sejs

First Post
You don't meet the large size pre-req, but ask your DM if you can take the Hurl Rock feat because damn if it doesn't fit thematically.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
What's your goal with this character? Why are you considering Sorcerer, for example?

Also, what resources are available for "building" your PC (what books are you allowed to use, or what house rules are in effect)?

Cheers, -- N

JustKim

First Post
PwrMnky said:
(Right now, I have a few levels in Stonelord, and I plan on taking a level of Sorcerer.)
If you want to take just one level, take warmage instead of sorcerer. You will be able to wear light armor (At 20th level, making full plate light shouldn't be a problem), deal more damage, and have a better range of spells for what you want to accomplish. Fist of stone is thematically nice too.
Make sure one of your feats is practiced spellcaster. It will triple your damage with those low-level spells, which is not much but it's better than always being 1st level.
Both of those are from Complete Arcane.

pawsplay

Hero
My first suggestion is to notice that fighters can be nearly in the top of their game as ranged fighters. You can take Manyshot, and Improved Precise Shot while still having feats to spare for melee weapons and qualifying for PrCs.
Through a judicious combination of bow and arrow, you can deal nearly any damage type, and gain extra damage versus nearly any opponent.

Sejs

First Post
JustKim said:
(At 20th level, making full plate light shouldn't be a problem)

Light's tricky. Pretty much requires Halfweight, which is pricey. Medium's easier. Lv 1 warmage with the Battle Caster feat can cast in medium armor.

Remove ads