• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-Elf Cleric and at will, suggestions?

Sylevus

First Post
Wife has a half elf cleric and is stumped for ideas for the at-will as an encounter power. She buried int, but has good stats all around elsewhere. Since the wizard powers are pretty much out, what would you think would be a fun addition? She is a priestess of Correllon.

WalterKovacs

First Post
Sylevus said:
Wife has a half elf cleric and is stumped for ideas for the at-will as an encounter power. She buried int, but has good stats all around elsewhere. Since the wizard powers are pretty much out, what would you think would be a fun addition? She is a priestess of Correllon.

Paladin's Bolstering Strike [assuming Charisma and Wisdom are good ... which makes sense for a Cleric] A bit of pseudo self healing

Dire Radiance fits well as a Cleric type of power, doing radiant damage and all [provided you have the Con for it]. Eyebite or Eldritch Blast are Warlock options if Charisma is better. In fact, any of the Warlock powers are nice if you have the stats for it. [however, it would require an implement at higher levels to work well]. Already having to juggle a holy symbol and a melee weapon [if it's a battle cleric] for magic items.

The Warlord power's [except for Commander's Strike] fit well, especially for a battle cleric [high str]. Furious Smash uses Charisma as well [not to mention that it targets Fort].

neoweasel

First Post
With little to go on other than "Priestess of Corellian" and "good (non-int) stats" it's a little hard to tell. It would be a LOT easier if we knew her exact stats so we could match the Dilettante ability to them.

Fighter: if she's not built as a melee cleric, I'd stay away. Otherwise look at Cleave, Reaping Strike (if she's using a 2-HD weapon) or Tide of Iron (if she uses a shield)

Paladin: Nicely reinforces the Divine aspect, but not great if she's not melee based. Regardless, check out Bolstering Strike and Enfeebling Strike

Ranger: Reinforces the elven (woodsy) side of her heritage. Almost certainly bad (she probably doesn't have a decent ranged weapon or use two weapons), but Twin Strike and Nimble might still be worth it.

Rogue: Sly Flourish and maybe Piercing Strike if she's willing to stick with a dagger or other light blade. Since that's generally a suboptimal choice for her, I'd stay away.

Warlock: Since she's a 1/2 elf/cleric, I'm guessing she's got a pretty decent Cha. Eldritch Blast or Eyebite.

Warlord: Reinforces the Leader aspects. Commander's Strike will be good no matter what. Wolf Pack tactics won't be quite as much unless she has a good Str (in which case it might be better). Furious Smash will be quite good IF she has a good Str and terrible otherwise.

Mengu

First Post
How is her Con? Should be decent as a Half-elf. I think the Warlock Starpact At-Will (forget what it's called), is pretty good as a per encounter ability, especially against skirmisher types who like to dart in and out. They conveniently have low Fortitude Defense to boot.

Ingolf

First Post
Mengu said:
How is her Con? Should be decent as a Half-elf. I think the Warlock Starpact At-Will (forget what it's called), is pretty good as a per encounter ability, especially against skirmisher types who like to dart in and out. They conveniently have low Fortitude Defense to boot.

Eyebite. I concur.

Mengu

First Post
Ingolf said:
Eyebite. I concur.
No that's the Fey pact one, and is Cha based. I'm talking about... *does some googling*

Dire Radiance. It's Range 10 (better than the cleric at wills), Con vs Fort, and does 1d6 + Con radiant damage. It also does an additional 1d6+Con damage if the target moves nearer to you on its next turn.

Eyebite is good too, but I like Dire Radiance a little better because it discourages the target from moving closer. Eyebite protects the Half-elf, but Dire Radiance can protect everyone (or do some more damage to the offender).

Also since it's Radiant damage, any abilities/feats you have that increase radiant damage will work on Dire Radiance as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads