WOIN Half - Elves and Half - Orcs in O.L.D. Fantasy Heroic Roleplaying Game v.1.2?

Strider1973

Explorer
Hi everybody,
I've just bought the pdf of O.L.D. Fantasy Heroic Roleplaying Game, I've just skimmed through the book and so far I'm over all impressed and enthusiastic about this game. It could become one of my favourite RPG, along with Dungeons & Dragons 5ed, Pathfinder 2ed, Fantasy Craft and GURPS - 3rd edition.
I'd like to know if there's someone who has designed Half - Elves and Half - Orcs for O.L.D.
I'm not completely at ease with Grand Elves using fire arms: any suggestion about other possible trademark weapons for Grand Elves?
Many thanks and keep up please with the great and good work!

Len

Prodigal Member
re. Grand Elves & boomsticks: The grand elf player in our group feels the same way, so the DM gave him a heavy crossbow instead. Since the rules say pistol or musket, I think a choice of heavy, light or hand crossbow would be appropriate.

By the way, in our game, the slang terms for the types of elves are "snoot-elves" and "dirt-elves".

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So I’d ask what is it you need them to do that elves and orcs don’t do?

With that in mind, my inclination would be to say you can call yourself half elf, but choose the mechanics of elf or human. Same with half orcs — sure, you can have mixed parentage and describe yourself as half orc, but pick orc or human for your stats.

But that’s just me. Your mileage may, and probably does, vary, and that’s totally fine too.

I think there are EONS articles on that subject a year or s back, but I don’t remember offhand. Worth looking though! :)

ATSD

Villager
I’m not particularly a fan of firearms in fantasy so I’ve replaced them with special “wands” that direct magic in a kinetic blast. Basically I just took the firearms and made them “magic” but kept all the same rules there mechanically.

Lucas Yew

Explorer
I was disappointed that the final print draft didn't include those Clockwork species. I really wanted some fantasy robot butler assassin action create-able using only a single book...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I was disappointed that the final print draft didn't include those Clockwork species. I really wanted some fantasy robot butler assassin action create-able using only a single book...
They were slightly too exotic for a core race. They’ll be appearing a a race supplement later. Similar to the Galactic Sentience Catalog for N.E.W. If you still have that file, I don’t think they’re likely to change.

easl

Explorer
Minotaurs, Goblins, and Clockmen first appeared in Eons #39; you can always buy it. Of course you could also probably just save your early draft edition of v1.2 and use the stats from there...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases