Half-elves in 3.5 (or: Half-elves got the shaft!)

Nail

First Post
Piratecat said:

Could they be doing something similar to races?
My thoughts too.....

The problem is the half-orc and the human, then. Surely half-orcs are rarer and humans more common than the PC distribution would lead us to believe?

Humans are the default race, and their abilities and traits almost make them so.....almost. Elves and dwarves still edge them out on the "useful abilities at 1st level" spectrum.

Half-orcs, OTOH, get alot of play time, especially at those early levels. That +2 Str, despite the utter lack of other benefits, is pretty compelling at 1st level.

At 1st level. After that, Half-orcs suck. :D

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
No no no!

3.5 isn't out yet!

Half Elves are probably getting the shaft. The shaft is still in a state of quantum uncertainty.

Unless you have a time machine and have visted the future and know this to be a fact. In which case, you could at least have the decency to post some web-enhancements from Arcana Unearthed.

;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Piratecat said:
It's a moderately paranoid theory, but explains observable phenomena! But it leaves me wondering... will the city population charts see a sudden increase in how often you run into dwarves? :D

*Party enters a city and notices that almost a third of the population is comprised of Dwarves. They approach a city guard to ask about this phenomenon...*

Party Member - "Good man, there seem to be a great many Dwarves about town. What is the cause of this?"

City Guard - "You haven't heard? In 3.5E, Dwarves ROXXOR the HIZZY!! You guys are all FOOLS not to be Dwarves. I'm going to be a Dwarf next week!"

Sidyan

First Post
Urban Arcana

Urban Arcana states (on p.22) that Half-Elves get a +2 species bonus on Diplomacy & Gather Information checks, but unlike Elves (on p.20), don't seem to get the auto-search ability vs. secret doors. Then again, it lists both as getting Archaic Weapon Proficiency for free, which is a pure d20 Modern thing. Otherwise, Urban Arcana's Elves & Half-Elves are identical to v.3.0 D&D.

Take this info and make of it what you want.

Remove ads