• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-orc brother and half-elf sister?

Driddle

First Post
How would you explain the sibling relationship between a human-elf and human-orc? I'm trying to come up with a background for their human parent. There's three years difference between the two.

And to narrow your musings (no one noticed this note further in the thread), we'll assume that it's the father who's human.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Driddle said:
How would you explain the sibling relationship between a human-elf and human-orc? I'm trying to come up with a background for their human parent. There's three years difference between the two.

sibling realtionships is complex to begion with. I imagine it would matter who they were raised by and how they were raised? They could be best friends as they were both made to feel like outcasts and only had each other to rely on. They could be bitter enemies as one was spiled because s/he was accepted while the other was was not.

Wystan

Explorer
Human Mother was forcibly impregnated by a wild band of elves, had a baby, and then happily married with the Orc of her dreams?

The_Universe

First Post
Mutual resentment of parent(s) who apparently have trouble keeping it in their pants would be the thing that unites them.

"Oh yeah, we're nothing alike, but we both agree that (Mom? Dad?) is a total slut."

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Wystan said:
Human Mother was forcibly impregnated by a wild band of elves, had a baby, and then happily married with the Orc of her dreams?

I was thinking a human woman ravaged by an orc and saved by an elf.

Wystan

Explorer
Wystan said:
Wulf Ratbane said:
I was thinking a human woman ravaged by an orc and saved by an elf.
Too cliche, my way is more original

Henry

Autoexreginated
Why can't it be that Dad is a charming lech and is willing to :):):):) anything with the appropriate gender?

Make it a plot element where Half-brother and sister keep coming across illegitimate brothers and sisters -- half-dragons, half-drow, half-celestials, half-fiends... :lol:

Wystan said:
Too cliche, my way is more original
I agree -- that is too obvious. How 'bout the mother really is a slut--literally--and she's had a couple of accidents with her johns. One of whom happened to be an elf and one of whom happened to be an orc. There could be other bastard half-siblings running around too.

Likewise, depending on the setting, a marriage of convenience between a human lord and an elf gal, but he's notorious for his drunken debaucheries, at least one of which involved a bastard half-orc child could be interesting.

Maybe both children are the results of rape--why do elves always have to be so goody-goody anyway? Maybe the mother was a slave and the two siblings were bred for a particular purpose.

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
Driddle said:
How would you explain the sibling relationship between a human-elf and human-orc?

Um, mom is a gutter whore in a large city, and her children of many different races are street urchins/thieves.

Or . . . dad is a soldier/mercenary in an army that has invaded orc and elf territory on different occassions. The spoils of war . . .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads