• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-orc brother and half-elf sister?

Von Ether

Legend
With the father being the human parent .... hmmmm.

I vote for a barbarian human father and a slightly different takes on elves and orcs compared to stereotypes ...

The orc mother would have to be "noble savage" in the World of Warcraft/Klingon style (along with zero fat and six-pack abs) while the elf mother would have to be a "wyld fey" type with leaves and vines for clothes and a feral look in her eye (along with that wolf girl/woman thing going on). Both types might allow a strong, dominating male human to enter in a passionate, whirlwind romance with them ... only to leave him on impulse after the child was delivered. On that note, the wild fey may have had her romance after the orc woman.

We also forget that human standards of beauty change over the centuries. The flat tummy/huge cleavage thing is pretty recent in human history. For a longer time, the full-figured woman with broad child-bearing hips has been idolized. There was a time that a small ches was perfered, more as a sign that the girl hadn't had a child yet and thus your heirs would be her first born, further insuring you fortune was tied to your name.

With this Ghengis Khan idea barbarian idea, perhaps he courted the woman just to prove his prowess was so legendary that no woman, no matter the race, could stop herself. The real question is, what sort of life did these children tied as such to such a cheiftan?

On the "elf-orc" idea.
Such a strange child, a "fey-orc?" would only come into being on the edges of human habitation where life was so harsh that might and survival was more important than race. Perhaps out on a jungle island or the harsh northern lands?

Last edited:

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
This post, of course, begs the further question...What the hell does an Orc-Elf look like (visually and mechanically)?

That's one of the few things I liked about 2e: They put the foot down rather definitely and said "No elf/orc crossings possible. Ever."

They didn't write that down in 3e, so every couple of weeks or so we have to tell another guy how this is a really bad Idea. Gods made it impossible and all.

Harmon

First Post
How close are they in alignment?

It could go either way- the Half Orc is a brute, bully and mean. The Half Elf fears him(her) and doesn't want to be near her(him). Or the Half Orc is overly protective, the love each other.

Think Pit Bull and the cat. The Pit Bull is either gonna eat the cat, or they will be good friends, sleeping on the same bed and rough housing together.

A lot depends on how to the world views Half Orcs too. Are they viewed as vile creatures at first sight or just another person?

Driddle

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
I think you meant that he was sowing a lot of wild oats... but damn if your metaphor isn't much more colorful and expressive!

Why is it important that he was an oat farmer? I don't get it.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Kae'Yoss said:
They didn't write that down in 3e, so every couple of weeks or so we have to tell another guy how this is a really bad Idea. Gods made it impossible and all.
This is why friends don't let friends take Tolkien seriously. Get over it, already.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That's one of the few things I liked about 2e: They put the foot down rather definitely and said "No elf/orc crossings possible. Ever."

Hey, the Orcelf is a natural possibility of a union between Half-Orc and Half-Elf. Of course, it COULD just be stillborn automatically as the genetic material engages in racial war at a cellular level...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads