• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-orc brother and half-elf sister?

Bryon_Soulweaver

First Post
If none of you players are on the site....

Make the father have scorns of children, some being of the same races with the rest being almost anything else, from half-illithids to half-dwarf to half-feind/celestial to half vampire, where all his children from then on are now half-vampire whatever. They find out that they half a half-vampire black dragon for a sister, she has a few children and they try to devour their uncle and sister.

PS: their father disappeared when the half-orc was 8, they soon found out he took up wizardry and he now is one of the most powerful underground persons alive.

Mercule

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
Likewise, depending on the setting, a marriage of convenience between a human lord and an elf gal, but he's notorious for his drunken debaucheries, at least one of which involved a bastard half-orc child could be interesting.

I like this, but would turn it around some. The human lord marries an orc princess to settle the borders between them. They produce one son, who will inherit the farm, so to speak, but is hot-headed and a bit anti-social both because of the social stigma and the fact he comes from a loveless union.

Father maintains a long-term elven mistress (kind of like the French, but with pointy ears and eternal youth). The relationship is acknowledged and has produced a daughter for the lord. Depending on politics, the relationship/daughter may even predate the marriage. If the elven woman is a shopkeep or minor aristocrat for a nation that is distant and not politically important, the lord father may not have been permitted by his handlers to marry the love of his life.

As to the relationship, this could result in the brother/heir being jealous of the love his sister receives, while she is resentful of the fact that her uncouth tool of a brother is to inherit her father's lands and title. If bastards and women can be inheritors, there could be competition between them. Or, they may have hit it off as kids and look out for each other, with the girl providing the caring and social ease the boy needed, with him protecting his beautiful bastard sister from harmful intents and providing an outlet and legitimacy for her naturally political mind.

And, nothing says all of those options couldn't be true at the same time.

Wolf72

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
I think you meant that he was sowing a lot of wild oats... but damn if your metaphor isn't much more colorful and expressive!

oops! LOL!! yeah sowing ... but soiling works very well too! :p

Cheerful Coffin

First Post
Here's an idea, and no sex involved..

The parents are the type who can't have children, so they adopt misfit half-breeds, hense how they have both a half-orc and a half-elf under thier roof..

Belgarath

First Post
Back on track

OK guys, the question is what would the two half sibling relationship be, not how it happened.

Honestly, I would say that however they feel about each other, it would be very strong because of the differences involved. Either they are totally dedicated to each other, or they hate each other with a passion.

Half-Elf Sister : either "he is the only one i can totally count on to protect me" or "that brutish freak"

Half-Orc Brother: "she is the only one that really understands me" or "spoiled little brat gets everything"

My suggestion would be because of the different life spans that the Half-Elf be born first

Last edited:

babomb

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
Of course, if you just use simple Mendelian genetics and draw the little box...

Have Parent 1 be Half-Elf & Parent 2 be Half-Orc, the 4 results for their offspring are Human (25%), Half-Elf (25%), Half-Orc (25%), and Orc-Elf (25%)

Actually, no. That would only be true if race were determined by exactly one gene. Realistically, many genes would be involved, and the odds of producing a full-blooded human would be next to nil, as would the odds of an orc-elf. Far and away the most likely outcome would be half-human, one-quarter elf, and one-quarter orc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads