• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-orc brother and half-elf sister?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Wystan said:
Human Mother was forcibly impregnated by a wild band of elves, had a baby, and then happily married with the Orc of her dreams?

That woman must have terrible nightmares. I think the original poster wanted advice for a D&D game, not CoC :p

Henry said:
Why can't it be that Dad is a charming lech and is willing to :):):):) anything with the appropriate gender?

In that case, I recommend the following:

Khaggoth Leoncourt
Alignment: Neutral Good Class: Barbarian Gender: Male Species: Half-Orc

Beatrice Leoncourt
Alignment: Lawful Good Class: Monk Gender: Female Species: Half-Elf

And their father:
Thaddeus Leoncourt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral Class: Aristocrat Gender: Male Species: Human

Make sure to let them fight a fat guy named the Archdruid, a demonic rabbit called Lepus, A gang of evil-doers called the Shadow Pack, hired by Thaddeus, including a drow priestess who will make out with the clueless human rogue in the party.

And if anyone of you wondering whether he has seen this before - chances are very good that you did!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mom was human and daddy was a sorcerous blend of Orc and Elf...Doubly outcast...but strong and somehow...charismatic.

(Hey, if mad sorcerers can cross goats, dragons and lions....)

Of course, if you just use simple Mendelian genetics and draw the little box...

Have Parent 1 be Half-Elf & Parent 2 be Half-Orc, the 4 results for their offspring are Human (25%), Half-Elf (25%), Half-Orc (25%), and Orc-Elf (25%)

Half-Orc + Half-Elf parentage:
__H__ E
H HH HE

O HO OE

This post, of course, begs the further question...What the hell does an Orc-Elf look like (visually and mechanically)?

The relevant stuff:

Orc
+4 Str, -2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha
spd30'
Darkvision 60'
Light Sensitivity
FC: Barbarian

Elf
+2Dex, -2Con
spd30'
Sleep Immunity
Low light vision
+2 Listen, Search, Spot
FC: Wizard

Possiblity:
Orc-Elf
+3Str, -2 Wis, -1 Cha or -1 Int
spd30
Darkvision and Low Light Vision as parent races
Light sensitivity, minor- bright light gives -1 modifier to rolls requiring vision for 1d2 rds.
Sleep Immunity
+1 Listen, Search, Spot
FC: Each (N)PC chooses a class to be its favored class
Has neither race's weapon familiarity, but can use weapons and equipment attuned to either race

Last edited:

Kesh

First Post
Well, if you want a pleasant option: their parents are in a happy polyamorous relationship. One father and two mothers, or one mother and two fathers.

Slightly more tragic: one happy couple, the non-human parent got killed, the human parent later remarried / found another partner.

As for the sibling relationships: oh, you can do nearly anything. Twin-mindset; antagonists; overachiever / underachiever; casual family relationship; strained / no family relationship. Tons of possibilities.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Eh...my Mendelian solution gets you the full "Romeo & Juliet" type background and pathos.

I mean...is there any more tragic story than two lovers whose families can't get along...to the point of multiple serial kidnappings and killings?

NewLifeForm

First Post
I have a question...

If there's only a three year difference between them and Half-Elves live some 3-5 times longer then Half-Orcs, how close can their relationship really be in game terms? If the Half-Orc spending most of his time babysitting?

As for the Human father, I see a sort of medieval Capt. Kirk, sleeping his way through the world's non-human population in order to bring his message of peace-through-two-fisted-diplomacy to an untamed milieu.

Or something like that...

NewLifeForm

Warehouse23

First Post
Wow.... this just makes me think that under the influence of "charm" anyone can look attractive....

Gives me an idea for a CE orc sorceror

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Why not have the sad tale of two dwarven adventurers, who after their exploits of daring decided to settle down and raise a family. Unfortunatly after slaying many a foul beast and foiling many a fiendish plot they were ambushed by a former enemy and left for dead.

Another of their former adventuring companions, a druid, came upon the ruined remains of their abode and finding the pair recently deceased cast reincarnate upon them. The dwarven lad reincarnated as an elf, while the dwarven lass reincarnated as a human. They began to pick up the pieces of their lives while the druid began to search for clues as to who from their past attacked the pair.

After some time the couple had their first child, and a half-elf was born into the world. A few years later the druid discovered which of their old enemies had resurface. The human decided to stay home with the young half-elf child while the elf and the druid (hell, we'll make him a gnome) ventured off to vanquish their risen foe.

After many harrowing adventures they were successful, but not before the elf was slain as he himself slew, defeated, rebound...whatever, their enemy. The druid, having only one option, again reincarnated the slain elf to have him return to the world as an orc.

Triumphantly they retuned to the human woman and her half-elf child to live a life of domestic bliss. Later they were blessed with their second child, a half-orc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads