• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-Paraelemental Template!

Krishnath

First Post
TrentonJoe: I would not call the Half-Elementals lame, I find that they are quite excellent when added to the right creatures, such as Half-Fire Elemental Halflings (Flamelings) for example. But I am glad you like them :D

Clay: The LA is +4 as for Half-Celestials and Half-Fiends. They change to outsiders because real elementals cannot reproduce, and their parents instead usually are non-elemental creatures native to the paraelemental planes, such as the ice genie that can be found on the WotC site. Also babies usually come from the mothers womb or an egg. :D

Sonikal

First Post
Cool Templates, but what do half-paraelementals look like, and what are their personalitys like?. Half-Fire Elementals often have red hair or a fiery tint to their skin, and are quick to anger. Half-Air Elementals always seem to have slight breeze emanating from them, and find it hard to concentrate for long. I have some ideas of my own...

Half-Ice Elemental
They a pale bluish hint in their skin and hair, their eyes are often piercing cold color. Personality wise they tend to be logical and calm, if somewhat aloof and uncaring. Their always seems to be a slight chill around them.

Half-Magma Elemental
They have dark yet somehow hot tint to their skin, they tend to have very little hair. They are somewhat slow physically and mentally, but they are tough and overwelming in fights.

Half-Ooze Elemental
They tend to be somewhat ill and filthy in appearance, plus they have disgusting habits such as spitting, picking nose, etc. They tend to care about other peoples health and safety and land around them about as much as they care about their own well-being, which isn't much.

Half-Smoke Elemental
They tend to have a sooty look to their hair and skin, and they are often tanned. People often find that whilst standing near them, the air feels a little bit more polluted, and often cough. They aren't malicous or cruel, but tend to be somewhat suspicous and alert.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Excellent work, Krish, once again proving that if I get an idea but don't pursue it, someone else will do the work for me soon enough. I hope you don't mind my using them soon (I think I have an entry into the Unique Outsider Challenge).

Demiurge out.

Krishnath

First Post
Feel free to use them, I posted them shortly after getting Manual of the Planes, which was last year, so the template is quite old. :D

Krishnath

First Post
Someone needed to make Ice goblins, so I gave him a link to this thread and encouraged him to bump it, the rest as you say, is history :D

las

First Post
Will you update this template to 3.5. If not I will make my own updates (might make changes any way and post em) and post em here. Since now this little thing might come in handy.

Devon

First Post
las said:
Will you update this template to 3.5. If not I will make my own updates (might make changes any way and post em) and post em here. Since now this little thing might come in handy.

I suppose if there's enough interest, I can update the quasielemental stats -- they are (as of my last update) also going to be released in the as yet unreleased Web Enhancement for the Book of Templates: Deluxe, and Ian's group may have already taken care of those changes.

- Devon

las

First Post
Well it would be nice to have the full set you know the quasi-elements would be nice to see in to what wizards have done with the other two types.

Remove ads