Pathfinder 2E Halfling with Greatwords?

Strider1973

Explorer
Hi everybody! One of my players want to create a halfling barbarian in Pathfinder 2e and he wants him to wield a greatsword. My question is (I'm quite a newbie as a GM to this edition of the game): can a character from a Small sized Ancestry wield "great weapons" such as Greatswords or Greataxes? Are there any penalties? I looked into the rulebook but I couldn't find any of them. Many thanks! Stay safe!

kenada

Legend
Supporter
Giant Instinct would let them use a weapon for a large creature. The items in the equipment chapter are for small or medium creatures (per items and sizes), so a halfling should be able to use a greatsword.

dave2008

Legend
Hi everybody! One of my players want to create a halfling barbarian in Pathfinder 2e and he wants him to wield a greatsword. My question is (I'm quite a newbie as a GM to this edition of the game): can a character from a Small sized Ancestry wield "great weapons" such as Greatswords or Greataxes? Are there any penalties? I looked into the rulebook but I couldn't find any of them. Many thanks! Stay safe!
Playing PF2 and BECMI (Rules Encyclopedia) - good for you!

kenada

Legend
Supporter
Not just basic D&D. Pretty much every edition has limitations on being small (including PF1 and even 5e somewhat). PF2, on the other hand, treats small and medium interchangeably. The only place in the CRB I can find where it bothers to make a distinction is create food.

nevin

Hero
no................................................don't care what the rules say. A halfling Great sword is called a Longsword.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases